Sew Lovely & Shabby - Lawnscaping Challenge No. 4

2.27.2011


Yay! I am so excited that I found a few moments to play along in a challenge. I haven't played along in a while, but knew that if I only had a few moments to craft, I wanted to play along in the current Lawnscaping Challenge

The challenge is all about paper piecing. Hey! I can do that!

Here is the card I created using Lawn Fawn's Sew Lovely stamp set - my favorite!


I really wanted to make this card shabby chic. So I turned to the new line Stella and Rose from My Mind's Eye. I distressed the paper with white paint to give it the shabby look. 


And I added a gorgeous rhinestone button for the chic look. The stamp was paper pieced four times. One for the base; two for the bottom of the dress; three for the top of the dress, and four for the shoulders. Phew! That's a lot of paper piecing! My ink pad must be tired!


I stamped the "You're Sew Lovely" sentiment next to my layer of burlap fabric. I just love burlap - it's so rustic with a natural texture. 


Well that felt super good to finally play along in a challenge. Thanks to Lawnscaping for the inspiration!

I will be back tomorrow to announce the winner of my blog giveaway - any one item of your choice from my Etsy shop! To enter, just leave a comment at this post here so that Random.org can choose the lucky winner. The winner will be announced when I get home from work on Monday. So you still have time if you want some free goodies handmade my little 'ol me! See you tomorrow!


Supplies Used for "You're Sew Lovely" Card:
Cardstock: (White) Papertrey Ink; (yellow) Bazzil Basics
Patterned Paper: (Stella and Rose) My Mind's Eye
Stamps: (Sew Lovely) Lawn Fawn
Ribbon: MemrieMare
Rhinestone Button: (Lost & Found) My Mind's Eye
Other: White Mini Pearls; Burlap Fabric; Machine Stitching

10 comments:

  1. This card is just wow, I love the paper pieced dress form, the way you combined the patterned paper, and your ribbon is just stunning. Thanks for playing along with the Lawnscaping challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew sweet! Love the pink and blue combo. The burlap is a nice touch. I have a big roll sitting in my craft room. I really need to use it. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shabby chick indeed! Gorgeous... Love the combination of all the patterned paper and your ribbon and burlap is the grand finale! Fabulous job! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just amazing!! I love the crinkle ribbon paired with the sew lovely stamp!! Goes perfectly! Great stuff - as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally adorable, love the papers ad that bow is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card Kim! I love that color blue and that button is beautiful! Paper piecing is fun isn't it!? Man, I need to go shopping.. I haven't even heard of that line! YIKES!! Great work! Regan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shabby chicness of your card! And I love the contrast of the burlap, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the burlap and the crinkle ribbon. Stunning design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sooo beautiful Kim! the burlap makes a statement in this card! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete