With Love - Using My Cricut

2.04.2011



This card is something I am super proud of!

Why?

Because it was created with my Cricut Expression! Yes, I actually dusted off my Cricut machine and used it to create a card! Now how's that for being crafty?

My poor Cricut must have been feeling so lonely sitting on my shelf for months and months. I decided it's been long enough and I needed to put it to some use!

I used the Wild Card cartridge to create this heart-shaped card for Valentine's Day. I'm glad I did because it was so easy!


I am really liking the pink party streamer I had purchased a while ago at the dollar store. It came two in one pack so it's practically free because I have so much of it now to last me a long time! 


Another cool thing about this card is that I was able to use two items that have been in my stash for-ev-er! The "With Love" rub-on sentiment and the sweet, winged flourish puffy stickers. 

 

I also tried a new technique by lightly dabbing ink across my cardstock with a paintbrush. I used white and pink to give it a soft and shabby look. 

So before I go, I have a question for you (or maybe two). 

How many of you own a Cricut Expression and if so, how often do you use it? What is your favorite cartridge? I'd love to here from you because I really need some Cricut inspiration!



Supplied Used for "With Love" Card:
Cardstock: (Vintage Cream) (Sweet Blush) Papertrey Ink
Pleated Paper: Party streamer from dollar store
Ribbon: MemrieMare
Flowers: (Recollections) Michael's
Doily: Wilton
Rub-On: Kaiser Craft
Wings (puffy stickers): Me & My Big Ideas

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! I love the pink bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I use my expression quite often. I use it most for cutting shapes like ovals, circles, scalloped circles, etc.(like spellbinder nestibilities) I use "Story Book" cartridge most because it has alot of cuts as mentioned above for card making. As my crafting has evolved, I prefer to color digital images as a focal point to my cards so I find I use the expression less and less. I'm making a mini album right now, which I cut all the chipboard and paper with the cricut. I used A Childs Year, Storybook, Joys of the season for the shapes. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute card Kim! I've neglected my cricut for so long, time to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Kim!! I hear ya about the dust on the Cricut..I kinda fell outta love with mine. Maybe I should dust mine off too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Liliana W
    Forgot to mention....my favorite cartridges are Create a Critter, Storyboook, Just Because Cards and Lacey Labels.

    ReplyDelete