For Mother - Papercraft Star Challenge 39

3.30.2011

What a beautiful day is it starting out to be today! After lots rain and a heavy storm the past few weeks, mother nature must have felt terrible and decided to make up for it by giving us this gorgeous day to enjoy! Oh I just love the beginning of spring! It's my favorite season because here in California we are blessed with nearly perfect weather and today is the proof!

Ok, enough rambling (I do get carried away)!


Today is a new challenge over at Papercraft Star. The challenge this week may be a bit challenging for some, but I found it just lovely to allow me to add all the layers and embellishments that my creative little heart desired! I followed the basic recipe of the challenge by creating a 5" x 7" card, with a mat of 3" x 4.5". Can you see the mat? It's the gorgeous damask paper tucked underneath all the lovely embellies!


I added machine stitching, border stickers, invisible trim, and lots of chipboard. The tag is a piece of naked chipboard that I painted with white acrylic paint and added a stamped "Mother" sentiment. 


The challenge recipe also calls for bling and a flourish. I combined these two by adding a little Zva Creative - always there to add some flair to any project! Now for the challenge deets....


Simon Says Create a Card

Create a card using the following recipe:
Base: 5 x 7
Mat: 3 x 4.5
Add Rhinestones
Add Flourish
Add Whatever Else You Desire

You have until Sunday, April 3 at 9:00 p.m. (eastern time) to enter your creations to eligible to win some amazing goodies from our sponsor! Can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used for "Mother" Card:
Cardstock: Bazzil Basics; Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Portrait) Crate Paper
Chipboard: (clock) Tattered Angels; (flower) Crate Paper; tag (Maya Road)
Stamp: (Three Silhouettes) Hero Arts; (Mother from Mega Mixed Messages) Papertrey Ink
Pearls: Zva Creative
Ribbon Flower: Webster's Pages
Border sticker: (Portrait) Crate Paper

10 comments:

  1. I love this card! It´s so chic!
    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stunning card.

    Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my daughter was little, this was just exactly the kind of card she would have picked for me for M's Day. Except of course, nothing like this even existed back then ! Any mom would cherish this, Kim - what a beautiful contribution to PCS this week !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Kim, great job on this challenge! The pearls and flowers are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That silhouette make your card so stylish Kim! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim-
    Everyone that commented above is right this an amazing card!!! Wow!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is gorgeous, I love it! I am really loving the color combo you used and the image is fabulous. Any mother would be honored to receive a card like this. Great work! Regan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your gorgeous card. The cameo and the flourish are so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, Kim! I love the colors and all of the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, this card is absolutely beautiful. Any mom would be thrilled to receive it. The layers, the bling, the cameo...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete