Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

3.02.2011


Are you ready for some fun? 

I thought so!

Today kicks off another fun challenge over at Papercraft Star. This one is super cool because you can create any type of project you wish based on the lyrics of a song, a movie or book title. 

When I started searching my craft room for something to create for this challenge, I saw a new stamp set that I had not yet used - Lawn Fawn's Swimsuit Season. I saw the fun images and an adorable "Have Fun!" sentiment and it totally reminded me of the song, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" from Cyndi Lauper. 

As a child of the '80's this brings me back to the days when MTV played music videos and the Atari was the coolest technology invented for a kid. When wearing bracelets up to my elbows and pegging my jeans at the ankle made me the most stylish kid on the block. When Shrinky Dinks were the most amazing crafting project around and the Light Bright could entertain for hours. Sigh!

Now enough nostalgia...onto the card I created!



I added several layers of patterned paper and used a zig-zag stitch to adhere together. Aren't the colors so bright and happy? Makes me want to grab my flip-flops and head to the beach!



And how about that adorable swimsuit and tall glass of lemonade? I think Lawn Fawn has just about the cutest stamps around. How could you not smile when you see them?


I hand-dyed this gorgeous peach colored crinkle ribbon for my card and added some bright and cheerful pins with a resin flower. Fun! 

Well that's my take on this week's challenge. Does it fit with the "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" theme? 

Now it's your turn to have some fun playing along with the challenge this week! Here are the deets...


Create a project using a song title or book or movie as your inspiration. 
For example, use the title, the story/lyrics or a character as your inspiration to create whatever papercraft project your heart desires.

The challenge is open now. You have until Sunday, March 6, at 9:00 p.m. (eastern time) to link up your project at Papercraft Star!

Now get crafty and have fun! 

Supplies Used for "Have Fun" Card:
Cardstock (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Urban Prairie) Basic Grey; (Distressed Dots) Papertrey Ink
Stamps: (Swimsuit Season) Lawn Fawn
Frame: Tattered Angels
Ribbon: (Peach Blossom) paperlovesglue.etsy.com
Pins: K&Company
Resin Flower: Recollections

14 comments:

  1. Your card is so fun! Love the swimsuit and the lemonade glass. The paper & the crinkle ribbon are so pretty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is so cute and so fun!! I love love everything about it, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fun.. I love the seam binding ribbon with flower stick pins. Your card put a smile on my face this morning..."Just Have Fun"..Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly-
    Ok....This card is SUPER cute...love the colors combo and the crinkle ribbon with pins!!!

    Sorry, I can't seem to spell this morning! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim-
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and I'm glad you did, because I was trying to figure out a way to tell you that we live in the same area. As a matter of fact Kim, we went to school together!!! :) So what are the chances of that?!?!?!

    I'll add you to my Facebook!!

    Hugs,
    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief you just gave me a major nostalgia trip. LOL Love you card Kim. :-) That little bathing suit is too cute. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Calypso

    Ha! We DID go to the same school! How funny! I so remember you now! I am putting you on my Facebook too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to use that swim suit, love all the details on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Kim! I love the bright fun colors and the color of the seam binding is gorgeous. I really like that you added the stick pins to the binding and that frame around the swimsuit is perfect! It also reminds me of ...yellow polka dot bikini! LOL Regan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim, this cards makes me want summer now! I love all the layers and details you put into this card. You have captured the fun of summer (I love Lawn Fawn too). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had fun just looking at this, Kim ! It takes a real artist to evoke emotions - you always do such innovative work. We are so lucky to have you on our team at Papercraft Star !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim, your card is so gorgeous!! I love the design, colours and all the details you added to the card. It's so fun and I love the crinkled ribbon & the pins too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card and I just saw it featured on the Lawn Fawn blog! Great job!

    ReplyDelete