Home Sweet Home - Tutorial

3.03.2011


Hello bloggy friends! It's my turn to host another tutorial over at The Hybrid Chick, where digital scrapbooking kits are printed on paper and turned into something crafty. And just look what I've created for you! I just love these little miniature houses. It's like a small little neighborhood - only cuter!

I created these from the gorgeous digital kit: Chocolate Kisses from Sugarplum Paperie. I just love the soft, sweet colors - they called my name!

Hey, did you notice they even match the colors of my blog? No wonder these papers called my name!


I was lucky to find a good supply of wood pieces in our garage workshop. My super clever hubby-to-be cut out each of these mini houses for me. He even sanded down the edges. Isn't he a sweetie? (Sorry, ladies. He's taken.)


After all the dust settled from the saw dust mess. I played dress up with my new little houses! Aren't they adorable? The crinkle ribbon and lacey crochet trim really add a cozy, home-like feeling. And those sweet little pearls make me happy.


So! I hope this post has made you think of digital scrapbooking in a new way. Don't let the word "digital" fool you. There are endless possibilities with hybrid scrapbooking and the best part is that you have an endless supply of product!

Stop by the Digi Chick to browse the shop, then head over to the Hybrid Chick for more hybrid project inspiration. 

Thanks for stopping by...I hope you enjoyed this little creation as much as I enjoyed creating it!



Supplies Used for "Mini Home Town" Set:
Patterned Papers: (Chocolate Kisses digi paper pack) Sugarplum Paperie
Ribbon: (Antique Linen) by Kim Duran; Crochet Lace
Stamp: (Love Lives Here) Papertrey Ink
Flower: Prima

3 comments:

  1. These are super cute! I love the colors too...just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are adorable. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable.. Love everything from the colors, crochet lace and yummy crinkle ribbon... :)

    ReplyDelete