The Lovely Cameo & Craft Room Update

3.20.2011


I have already received a few emails....yes, my craft room makeover is complete! I am ab-so-lute-ly in LOVE with it! It's ginormous (huge) and has way more than enough room to fit me. In fact, I can fit up to eight people in my craft room! Isn't that crazy?

This involved two weekends worth of time to custom build tables and shelves, paint walls, and rearrange all my craft supplies. I managed to take some photos along the way and I promise to share them all with you in the next couple of days.



Once the dust settled in my craft room, I wanted to break in the room by creating a card. I was full of inspiration because I had just cleaned out each and every piece of scrappy goodness that I owned. It's amazing how much stuff I forgot I had! Including this cameo stamp set!

Even though I recently purchased this cameo stamp, I had quickly forgotten about it because it had been buried in my old, smaller craft closet (I know, how sad!). I even managed to use a brand new paper stack from Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934. How did I miss using these gorgeous papers before? I know! Because my craft closet was TOO small!


Anyway, back to the card! Ha! I framed my lovely cameo stamp in a chipboard frame from Cosmo Cricket, added some of my hand-dyed ribbon in Buttercream, and I created the gorgeous red flower from polymer clay. I just love how it turned out!

And because I was feeling so happy-to-pieces over my new craft room, I stamped "Hope Your Day is Fabulous" because that is just how I felt after it was complete - happy, creative, and absolutely fabulous!


I must, must, must, thank my fiance for working non-stop (sometimes until 2:00 a.m.), sacrificing two weekends to build me a room exactly like I envisioned. Now I think he deserves a fishing/camping trip for all his hard work - so I am planning one during spring break for him. He deserves it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used for "Cameo" Card:
Cardstock: (White; Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers; Chipboard Frame; Sticker Border: (Circa 1934) Cosmo Cricket
Ribbon: (Buttercream) paperlovesglue.etsy.com
Stamps: (Three Silhouettes) Hero Arts; (Signature Greetings) Papertrey Ink


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely fiance you have. Very elegant card, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kim! Can't wait to see pictures of your new craft space! Room for 8....I'm so jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cameo and paper. Can't wait to see your craft room :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new craft room!! Kim, this card is gorgeous!! I love that stamp and the paper is great! Enjoy your new space!
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card Kim. Love the Cameo stamp and pretty paper. Your Fiance sounds amazing. That was so sweet of him. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete