Shabby Sweet Burlap Embellishment Kits

3.04.2011


Since it started raining again here in California, I have had plenty of opportunity to create. I spent most of my time so far crafting up some new items. I decided to use some fabric for a few different projects. I have such a large fabric supply that I am trying to use as much for crafts as I possibly can (well, that's my goal anyway).

Today, I am sharing some sweet little burlap embellishment pockets that will be going into my Etsy. I am so in love with these little beauties! They are soft, but a bit rustic. Full of scrappy goodness. And make a perfect little keepsake bag!

I created two different versions - Sweetheart Pink and Heavenly Blue, but both are essentially the same.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  * *

Here is the blue kit, filled to the brim with embellishments of all sorts...

(Full Kit in Blue)

(Close Up)

(Envelope Style Flap Opening)

(Embellishments Galore)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  * *

Here is the pink kit embellishment kit, also filled to the brim...

(Full Kit in Pink)

(Close Up)

(Envelope Style Flap Opening)

(Embellishments Galore)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *  * *
Each kit includes:
  • Beautifully decorated burlap pocket bag (envelope style), with lace trim, crinkle ribbon, a button with twine, and a faceted charm 
  • Antiqued tags with crinkle ribbon
  • Button Card, including four buttons each
  • Hand stamped tickets
  • Flowers
  • Butterflies & Heart punches
  • Two styles of brad - solid and jeweled
  • Sequins
  • Mini clothespins
Not only are the kits color coordinated to create something lovely, but the best part is the burlap bag! You could fill the bag with candy or tea and send as a hospitality gift; keep it filled with potpourri for your dresser drawers; or use it as a keepsake bag filled with special notes or photos! 

I really enjoyed making these. It was a change for me to not create a card, but I felt the change was long overdue. It feels good for me to stretch my creativity, especially when I get stuck in my mold. 

Tomorrow, I feel like trying something else new and different. 

What about you? Is there anything you've been wanting to create and just haven't done so yet? What's on your crafty list of things to try?

I'd love to hear about it!

7 comments:

  1. These are just gorgeous Kim! What a fun gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Kim these are simply GORGEOUS. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really pretty, who wouldn't want such a pretty gift! Hugs! Leah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Kim. Love love love this. Such a great idea. I really want to use more fabric and texture in my creations.

    P.S. Can't wait to get my goodies in the mail. I'll let ya know when it gets here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kits are adorable and sweet looking. Would make perfect little lolly bags for someone in hospital or unwell. :-) I have a scrapbooking pack giveaway on my blog if your interested. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute Kim. Love the burlap pockets. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My goodness.. I love these so much.. going to put in my favs...These would make the perfect Birthday or Christmas gifts... Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete