Some News & Design Team Call - Inspirational Card Sketches

3.29.2011

Happy Tuesday! I have lots of new things in the works to share with you this week!

First up, is that there is a new challenge over at Inspirational Card Sketches today and I am sharing my last card that I am creating for them as a Design Team member. I have decided to take on a new adventure (that I will share with you soon).

This means there is a new Design Team Call and Inspirational Card Sketches is looking for some new talent! If you would like to be considered for their Design Team, then you must play along with this week's challenge to be considered!

Simply create a card based on this week's sketch, add it to Mister Linky, and put DT after your name when you enter. That's it! Pretty simple!

Here is the card I created for the challenge this week. It's a "Thank You" card for the Inspirational Card Sketches team for giving me such a fun experience and opportunity to share my creations with their readers each week. I had a lot of fun on the team and truly thank them for letting me be a part of it.


For my card, I created lots of details playing with texture and lots of layers. I wanted this card to be extra special, so I put extra care into the little things. Like the buttons - I used a single strand of button floss to connect each one. Whoo! You need to have some patience for a task like that! But nonetheless, I think the effort was worth it.


I used a rub-on Thank You sentiment over a piece of chipboard that's layered over a stamped circle and lacey die cut. Isn't all that detail so pretty? Of course, there is machine stitching too but you have to peek behind all the buttons and ribbon to see it. 

So! If you want to be a part of the ICS Design Team, then here is the sketch you must play along with. You may enter your creations here. Have fun and good luck!


I am entering this card in this week's challenge #78 at Color Q. Aren't the colors they've chosen for the challenge just amazing? I love the combination of browns with pink and green. My favs!


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used for "Shabby Thank You" Card:
Cardstock: (Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages
Stamps: (Flourish circle from Spooky Sweets II set) Papertrey Ink
Rub-On: KaiserCraft
Chipboard: (Restoration) Crate Paper
Die Cuts: (Lacey Circles) Spellbinders
Ribbon: (Antique Linen) paperlovesglue.etsy.com

7 comments:

  1. Kim I personally want to thank you for being part of ICS. You are truly one remarkable lady, your full of talent and you are an inspiration to us all. Your card is breathtaking. I love it and all your hard work you put forth for ICS each week. We will miss you but do hope that you'll come by to visit from time to time. Take care and best wishes on your new adventures.

    Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful textures and trims you used, and your paper choice was perfect!! Wonderful job with the ColorQ challenge this week! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous--I love the shabby chic feel of this card, it is my favorite style! Thanks for playing the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, Kim! So lovely! thanks for playing at the ColourQ with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Kim! Thanks for playing at CQC!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful Kim! Love all your wonderful embellishments, thanks for playing at ColourQ :)

    ReplyDelete