Spring Has Sprung - Papercraft Star Challenge 36

3.09.2011


Hello there! We have a new challenge today at Papercraft Star. The Design Team has really knocked it out of the park with their project reveals this week. My-oh-my are they gorgeous! 

We are playing along with Challenge 36 - a color based challenge with Spring as the inspiration. 


Spring is my favorite season - it's not too hot and not too cold. It's kind of like Goldilocks and the Three Bears...because the weather is just right.  Naturally this challenge made me think of warm sunny weather and outdoor picnics. 


I created this card with the idea of having a get together with a good friend, sitting outside a small cafe or coffee shop, catching up while enjoying the fresh Spring air. 


To create my card, I followed the colors from the challenge and added a strip of burlap fabric. It kind of reminds me of a large picnic blanket spread across the grass. A great compliment to the "Vintage Picnic" stamp set I used from Papertrey Ink. 

Now it's your turn to join the challenge this week! You have until Sunday, March 13, at 9:00 p.m. (eastern time) to link up your project at Papercraft StarHere are the deets...


Create a papercraft project using one or more of these colors and Spring as your inspiration. 

And after you play along with us, be sure to check out our schedule for upcoming challenges. They are always posted in advance so you can be sure you'll never miss out on the fun or the chance to win some prizes from our amazing sponsors!

I can't wait to see what you'll create! Thanks for stopping by!


Supplied Used for "Let's Do Lunch" Card:
Cardstock (White) Papertrey Ink; (Lavender) Bazzil Basics
Patterned Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle
Journal Card: October Afternoon
Stamps: (Vintage Picnic) Papertrey Ink
Markers: Copic
Ribbon: (Ocean Mist) paperlovesglue.etsy.com
Other: Burlap fabric; (Baker's Twine) Papertrey Ink

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kim! I love your inspiration for this card. It sounds so nice and makes me miss my friends! Beautiful card! Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great creation from you Kim!! Love that burlap peeking out from the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait until the wet weather quits and we can think about picnics at the beach again! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picnics are so perfect for spring. Love the paper and the stitching.

    And thanks again for the beautiful goodies. Can't wait to create with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim this is such a lovely card. I love that your spring theme includes a picnic feast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could your friend refuse a lunch invitation that looks like this. :-) Fabulous card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute! Love those spring colors, and that little picnic basket! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the burlap/basket connection, just makes it perfect !

    ReplyDelete