Vintage Style - Inspirational Card Sketches

3.22.2011


Hey there! Happy Tuesday! Welcome to another fun challenge from Inspirational Card Sketches. Today I am sharing a card I created for the Design Team based on this weeks sketch. And of course I am super excited about it because while cleaning my craft supplies, I found this ribbon I had thought I used up. No! It was just hiding inside a box. 


I matched my ribbon to a hand stamped vintage style button card from Papertrey Ink's Button Boutique. The look was complete by adhering those large, plump, red buttons! The style and color reminds me of a fun 1940's tablecloth - one of my favorite things to hunt for at a flea market. 


Speaking of flea markets, there will be a flea market here in town this Sunday, March 27th. Eeek! I am so excited to go. I want to hunt for vintage buttons, fabric, pottery, and anything else that I just can't live without! Oh I just hope it doesn't rain here again! Cross your fingers for me... 



Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble on about my craving for the flea market. I hope you'll play along with us this week over at Inspirational Card Sketches. I can't wait to see what you'll create!

March 22nd Sketch

Thanks for stopping by! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Supplies for "Vintage Buttons" Card:
Cardstock: (Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Cherry Hill) October Afternoon
Stamps: (Button Boutique; Bitty Background Blocks) Papertrey Ink
Buttons: Mix from Papertrey Ink & Jenni Bowlin
Flower: Prima

2 comments:

  1. I just love this card, Kim -- the colours, the patterns, the awesome buttons, the bow -- everything! :o) Hope you have fun at the flea market!

    ReplyDelete