Color Challenge & Easter Theme - Papercraft Star

4.13.2011


Hello everyone! I just love a good color challenge. Today at Papercraft Star we are playing with an amazing color challenge combined with some Easter lovin' inspiration!

I just love spring! It's one of my favorite seasons. The weather is perfect and everything is in full bloom! With that in mind, I knew playing with the color challenge at Papercraft Star would be exactly like I envision spring - in full bloom, bright and cheerful!


This adorable little Easter card took me only a few minutes to create - thanks to the journal tags from Crate Paper. I simply stitched around my patterned papers, adhered a journal tag in the center, and trimmed around my bunny and banner stamp. Easy peasy!


My little bunny was colored ever-so-lightly with Copic markers. I really wanted her to blend in with the soft pastel colors of my card. Aren't her blushing cheeks so adorable? 


This banner stamp came with only five banners. To spell out Easter, I simply added one more banner to fit all six letters in "Easter" - perfect! Last, I adhered small white pearls and some little bows to the ends. Ta-dah!

So are you ready to play along with us? How about I entice you by saying that the winner of this challenge will receive bragging rights with the People's Choice Award! Here are the deets...


Color Challenge & Easter Theme:

Create an Easter inspired project using one or more of these colors. 


You have until Sunday, April 17 at 9:00 p.m. (eastern time) to enter your creations and be eligible to win!  Good luck everyone!

Thank you so much for visiting me today, and as always, for your lovely comments!

Supplies Used for "Easter Bunny" Card:
Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers/Journal Card: (Emma's Shoppe) Crate Paper
Stamps: (Bannerific) Lawn Fawn; (alphabet) Hero Arts; (bunny) Michael's
Markers: Copic
Twine: Papertrey Ink

8 comments:

  1. Kim, this card is too stinkin' cute! I love the paper, the banner and your bunny is so adorable. What a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so cute Kim, love the stitching and the banner is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the banner and that bunny is adorable! Great use of the journaling card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little bunny! Clever use of that journal tag and I LOVE the banner Kim! Wonderful card!
    P.S. I just wrapped the seam binding around my fingers instead of my Bow Easy so it would be looser. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that banner and the adorable Easter bunny too. Sweet creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the sweetest cards I have seen all spring !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Kim. That patterned paper is just gorgeous and I am so loving that bunny and banner! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete