A Crate Paper Layout - Papercraft Star Challenge 40

4.06.2011


Hello everyone! Before I get started, thank you to everyone who commented and sent me such lovely emails about my craft studio makeover. I have been enjoying every minute in my new room and find that I never want to leave this cozy space! The best part is that now everyone in my family has been hanging out in the room with me - it's become a wonderful little hang out!

Today I am sharing my latest creation for the Design Team over at Papercraft Star! It's a new challenge and we are playing along with another amazing sketch from Liz Chidester. She really knows how to rock out a sketch and always gives me the courage to stretch my creativity! 

Yes-sir-ee! That means I created a layout and not a card!


I really needed some layouts of my children to hang on the walls in my craft room and found the new Portrait collection from Crate Paper had the perfect colors to match the white, creams, and blue in my room. 

I gathered my favorite photos of my kiddos that were taken one day on the beach. A perfect day, with perfect weather, my camera, and happy kiddos playing in the waves. What could be better? 


I printed my journal tag onto vellum paper, trimmed it into the shape of a banner, and adhered to my layout with an ever-so-subtle wave to replicate the breeze from the ocean. 

Sigh! I just can't wait to go back to the beach and enjoy that breeze again! Got any plans this weekend? Want to join us? 


For my stitches, I used a denim thread. The color was perfect and the thickness really makes it stand out. Don't you think? 

So are you ready to play along with us? How about I entice you by saying that the winner of this challenge will receive not only the People's Choice Award, but will also receive a wonderful prize from our sponsor and will be entered to win the Grand Prize at the end of the month! That's a whole lot of reasons for you to play along! So let's get to it! Here are the deets...


Create any project you wish using this sketch as your inspiration.


You have until Sunday, April 10 at 9:00 p.m. (eastern time) to enter your creations and be eligible to win!  Good luck everyone!

Supplies Used for "Our Day" Layout:
Patterned Paper: (Portrait) Crate Paper
Embellishments & Title: (Portrait) Crate Paper
Frames: Tattered Angels
Ribbon: American Crafts

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had as much fun as I did making a layout for a change. This is wonderful Kim. I really like the way you used the sketch and that denim thread is fantastic. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAHHHH the beach, it's been forever since I have laid a foot on a beach! Your layout turned out just great, I love the postage stamp edge frames around each photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, your layout is wonderful. I love softness of it. The different kind of flowers combined with the stitching, vellum and distressing give the whole layout a vintage vibe. Great job girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the beach sounds wonderful! I'm not far from one but only seem to drive by and never put my feet in the sand! Love the layout and colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this layout Kim... so beautifully composed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Kim ! And I really enjoyed your new craft room, too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful layout! I love the vellum and your inspiration for it. The stitches are perfect! You are making me miss Florida even more!! :( Great work Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Kim! I love all the details in your LO !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that beautiful Crate paper and the flower you made on there. Gorgeous layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite Crate Paper collections, and you have definitely done it justice! LOVE your layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete