Feelin' Blue (In a Good Kind of Way)

4.17.2011


The new challenge this week at CR84FN came at a perfect time. I had just bought these lovely blue patterned papers and was planning on using them soon. Now I have a good reason to use them right away while playing along to one of my favorite color challenges!


My newest papers are from Webster's Pages and The Girl's Paperie - a perfect combination of pale blue, aqua, and a bit of cream. Next, I added a doily and framed a vintage image from Crafty Secrets of a cozy little bird's nest. 


I painted my chipboard with white acrylic paint and distressed it - just slightly. Then I stamped it with one of my go-to stamp sets, Mega Mixed Messages from Papertrey Ink. I love the sizes of these simple sentiments. They are perfect for stamping onto small tags!


Isn't that little bird adorable? Another new find from Webster's Pages. Small, sweet, and a great finishing touch. 

Well that's my take on the color challenge! If you want to join in, you can link up your creations here


Thanks for stopping by and as always for your lovely comments!

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kim! I adore that postage frame and the lovely picture inside it! The papers are so perfectly matched too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kim! Love the Vintage image and all the pretty details! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kim, this is exquisite!!! Love the vintage image in the frame!! Just GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty vintage card - the image is lovely. I do like the doily, the stitching and pretty little bird! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice vintage card it is. I like to gift in such a way to all my friends a easter gift.
    dean graziosi

    ReplyDelete