Let's Celebrate - Papercraft Star Challenge 43

4.27.2011


Today begins a new challenge over at Papercraft Star! This week we are creating projects based on an inspirational photo. I was inspired by the striped wall paper and the banners from the photo. I knew that the Minerva striped paper from Melissa Frances would be perfect for my card!


I used some new turquoise lace trim and some lime green ribbon to wrap around my papers. Then I adhered some Jenni Bowlin pearls and a pretty velvet flower from Maya Road. 


You can easily create these little banner flags by either cutting out a small triangle and cut the edges with zigzag scissors, or do what I did! I used the Lacey Pennants die from Spellbinders to cut and emboss my flags. Then, I taped some toothpicks to the backsides and adhered to my card with foam tape. 


So are you ready to play along with us at Papercraft Star? I hope so! Here are the deets...


Challenge 43: Photo Inspiration

Use this photograph as your project inspiration. 


You have until Sunday, May 1 at 9:00 p.m. (eastern) to enter your creations and be eligible to win the People's Choice Award - plus well deserved bragging rights! Good luck to everyone!



Supplies Used for "Let's Celebrate" Card:
Patterned Papers: (Minerva, Geraldine) Melissa Francis
Velvet Flower: (Pumkin and LatteMaya Road
Pearls: Jenni Bowlin
Die Cut: (Lacey Pennants) Spellbinders

5 comments:

  1. Those little pennants are too cute Kim! The card design is beautiful and I love all the different embellishments you've used. Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to figure out how you saw something vintage from the photo, and then created the perfect card for it ! Wonderful interpretation, Kim !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you took the soft colors and stripes from the wallpaper and built your card around it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is such a wonderful card. I love all the lace and ribbon layers with the pearls. The penants are a perfect touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute little penants and the fun ribbon. Green is such a pretty ribbon color on this card. :)

    ReplyDelete