Find Your Sketch - Papercraft Star Challenge 44

5.04.2011


Today begins a new challenge over at Papercraft Star! This week we are creating projects based on sketches that you have found in a magazine or any other blog. This is your time to show off your creations by sharing your favorite sketches!

Here is my creation...


I created my card using a recent sketch that was posted over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. I was really inspired by this sketch, but I didn't have time to play along and missed the deadline. Bummer for me, but not such a loss since I was able to use it for the challenge at Papercraft Star this week. Yay!

Here is the sketch from Waltzingmouse. Isn't is wonderful?

I used my Rescue Remedies stamp from Waltzingmouse, but did a masking technique to only include the border and the flower vine. Then I replaced the inside of the stamp with a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Signature Greetings set. I just love the handwriting from this set and think Dawn McVey does a great job creating these types of stamps. 


I added a cluster of pink flower Rose Ribbon trim from American Crafts and velvet leaves from Prima. To compliment the leaves, I found the perfect velvet trim from Webster's Pages (I think?). I purchased it by the yard and now I can't seem to find a link to it anywhere. If you know who makes this trim, please let me know and I will edit to add the info here. Sorry!


So are you ready to play along with us at Papercraft Star? I hope so! Here are the deets...


Challenge 44: 
Simon Says Find Your Own Sketch to Create a Card or Layout

Simon says create a card or layout using a sketch you found somewhere else (i.e. in a magazine or on another blog). Be sure to tell us the source of your inspiration. 

You have until Sunday, May 8 at 9:00 p.m. (eastern) to enter your creations and be eligible to win the People's Choice Award - plus well deserved bragging rights! Good luck to everyone!


Supplies Used for "You Are A Blessing" Card: 
Cardstock: (Sweet Blush, Vintage Cream, Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Nature's Sanctuary) Pink Paislee
Stamps: (Rescue Remedies) Waltzingmouse Stamps; (Signature Greetings) Papertrey Ink
Trim: (brown velvet and lace) Webster's Pages; (pink flowers) American Crafts
Velvet Leaves: Prima
Die Cut: (Labels 4) Spellbinders

8 comments:

  1. Love this Kim! So so pretty! Love the patterned paper and the stamp masking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, I love your card! What a great take on WMSC sketch! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...gorgeous Kim. Love that paper and the Blessing tag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, and you already know how I feel about WMSC! :) I love the flowers you added and the way you masked that stamp - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo gorgeous embellishments Kim! Very pretty card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the dark stitching Kim! I stands out among the softer colors and I really like that!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful Kim. I love the flowers and the pop of darker color with your stitching...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Kim! The design paper you used is beautiful and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete