Gee Thanks! Papercraft Star Challenge 47.

5.25.2011


Hey everyone! Ok, I must admit that the challenge this week at Papercraft Star is one of my favorites! 

Yes-sir-ee!

I like that this challenge has everything that I love to use when creating cards - flowers, bling, and a mix of patterned papers. That's my recipe for some card creatin' good times!

Here is what I came up with for this week's challenge...


I decided to create a fun little, rustic-looking card using the new Waltzingmouse stamps that just arrived in my mailbox - Back In the Saddle. I can't believe how quickly they arrived at my doorstep - all the way from Ireland to California in less than a week! I also thought it was kind of cool that the postage stamp on the package said, "Royal Mail". How fancy! 


I added layers of ribbon and some lovely flowers. And my favorite part....that perfectly beautiful button. It's vintage, made in Germany, and consists of hand-painted glass. Per-fec-tion!

If only everything were made like this...we'd have heaven on earth!


And look at that! The stamp from Waltzingmouse just happened to be the perfect size to fit on my little ticket stub from Tim Holtz. A perfect match!

So, you see....I had the best time playing along in the challenge this week! Everything just seemed to work together and I was able to create this card in just a few minutes. I really enjoy these crafty moments because sometimes finding that cohesive balance can be tricky. 

Yes. Today was a good crafty day! 

I hope you get a chance to play along with us. Here are the details so you can get crafty too...


Challenge 47: 1-2-3 Recipe

Use this sketch as inspiration to create your project for this challenge and use the following recipe:

1 Color Cardstock
2 Colors Patterned Paper
3 Pieces of Bling


You have until Sunday, May 29 at 9:00 p.m. (eastern) to enter your creations and have a chance to win some fun prizes, win the People's Choice Award - yes, that means we all get to vote for the winner, and have some fun while playing along!

Now what are you waiting for? Let's see what you create! 



Supplies Used for "Gee Thanks" Card:
Cardstock: (Kraft) Papertrey Ink 
Patterned Papers: (Portrait Collection) Crate Paper
Flowers: Prima
Stamps: (Back In the Saddle) Waltzingmouse Stamps

8 comments:

  1. OH my heavens Kim what a lovely card. Beautifully created. Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous card Kim.... as always! I really love the colors on this one and of course the flowers and seam binding. You're right, the button is perfection! I also love how you used the trim. What a cool stamp set, I may have to go check that out! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design Kim. Love that tag. I have so enjoyed working with you on the PCS team. I will be back to take a peek at your lovely creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an outstanding job Kim, just like always! The flowers are gorgeous and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ticket with sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolutely gorgeous Kim. The layers, the bling, the flowers and ribbon. Fantastic card! It has been wonderful working with you at PCS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, isn't it fabulous when everything just falls into place. Perfect combination of elements for a really pretty card. Yeppers--that stamp couldn't have fit that ticket any better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty - I love what you did with the tag and the WMS sentiment! It has been fun working with you and I hope to see your name in magazine lights a lot more in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rodent stamps too - and your card is one of the reasons - so pretty and so WOW!

    ReplyDelete