Hope Your Day is Fabulous - Papercraft Star Challenge 45

5.11.2011


Hello out there! Today begins a new challenge over at Papercraft Star! We've been seeing some really great creations lately from everyone who has joined us in the challenges. It's always fun seeing your interpretation from each challenge.

This week we are playing along with an inspirational photo and recipe to create our projects. I was inspired by the pink and green colors of the photo. Plus....I really wanted to use my new papers from Cosmo Cricket's Upcycle line. They are bright, cheerful, and just perfect for today's challenge.


I used all the recipe required by using a die cut, stamping, a button, and two patterned papers. Super easy, right? Especially because almost all of us use these on our cards anyway. 

The only technique I would say is different for me is that I used my die cut in the center of my patterned paper, stamped my sentiment directly onto the card base, then adhered the paper using foam tape for dimension. 

It's a technique I haven't used in such a long time, but thought it was long overdue. Fun, isn't it?


So are you ready to play along with us in the challenge? Here are the details...


Challenge 45: Inspirational Photo and Recipe

With this photo as your inspiration, create a project that includes:

1.) at least one die cut or stamped image;
2.) a metal element or button;
3.) and, two different patterned papers.

You have until Sunday, May 15 at 9:00 p.m. (eastern) to enter your creations and be eligible to win the People's Choice Award - well deserved bragging rights, and some fun prizes! Good luck to everyone!


Supplies Used for "Hope Your Day is Fabulous" Card:
Cardstock:(Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (Upcycle) Cosmo Cricket
Twine & Button: (Lime Twist) My Mind's Eye
Chipboard Flower: (Emma's Shoppe) Crate Paper
Stamp: (Signature Greetings) Papertrey Ink
Die Cut: (Labels Four) Spellbinders

9 comments:

  1. Wow...this card is absolutely STUNNING!! You rocked the photo inspiration to create this card for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright and fun card! I love how you used the die cut and you gotta love buttons and bakers twine! Beautiful work Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Kim! The colors are wonderful (I especially like the pink bling) and your flower is beautiful. Great job as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! Love the window! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Kim! I love the pink & green combo, the pearls, the twine and the button! Oh, the stitching is great too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aside from looking wonderful the best thing about your die cut is that you immediately have something cool to use on the inside too ! Very very pretty - just as usual !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card, Kim! I love the bright green and pink you used and that window is such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really pretty Kim! I love that pink Baker's Twine and all the colors you've used are so vibrant. I really like the die cut window too. That's always eye catching. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful color combo. Love the twine too. :)

    ReplyDelete