Mellow Yellow

5.01.2011


Hello out there! I just wanted to share with you my latest card that I created for the CR84FN Color Challenge. This week, the colors are kraft, pale yellow, and gold. Hey! I have those colors!

I thought I'd create a card to keep in my stash and save for a rainy day. Actually, strike that. I know exactly who I am going to give this card to! But I am keeping it a secret for now because I don't want her to know it's coming in the mail (and she reads this blog). Hee hee! I love being a bit sneaky.


This card was created entirely by using up some scraps in my stash. It worked out perfectly, because I was able to follow a simple grid style for each piece of paper. 


Even the corrugated kraft paper was leftover in my scrap stash. I used the Beautiful Blooms II die from Papertrey Ink to create a layer of flowers. Then, I adhered a gorgeous vintage mother-of-pearl button that I found at a flea market. I love finding little treasures like this!


Before I go, I wanted to share with you this photo I took last week at our house. It was just about dinner time, when we noticed the sky glowing from our window. We stepped outside to find a large rainbow centered directly over our home! How awesome is that? Not only was the rainbow centered over our home, but it was a FULL rainbow! I thought that was a rare occasion making it all that more special. Thought I'd share it with you because it might not ever happen again!


Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies Used for "Thinking of You" Card:
Cardstock: (Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned paper scraps: (Portrait) Crate Paper; (Stella & Rose) My Mind's Eye; (Distressed Dots) Papertrey Ink
Stamps: (Bannerific, Sophie's Sentiments) Lawn Fawn
Ribbon: (Rose Ribbon) American Crafts
Die Cut: (Beautiful Blooms II) Papertrey Ink


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim! Oh my I love the grid pattern, the papers, the flower and that button! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, THX for sharing that UNBELIEVABLE rainbow! WOW! And thx for sharing your card! LOVE the squares of scraps and LOVE that corrugated flower! So FAB! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, what an adorable card you've created! The color combo, the corrugated flower and that vintage button are just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Kim! Love the grid and layered cardboard flower! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely rainbow!!! Great card, she(who ever she is)will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this to pieces!!! It's fabulous on TOO many levels!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one gorgeous card Kim! I have a feeling (like feelings come ;) that you're going to pull a big one on this challenge! we'll wait and see when the winners are announced! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so pretty! I love that corrugated flower between the bloomers and the fab vintage button! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Kim! Love the cardboard flower embellishments paired with the fabric flowers! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful interpretation of the color palette given this week. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHH wow the rainbow and that card are gorgoeus! How did you do the banner like that? cherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, your card is STUNNING!!! WOW!!! Love the block DP and gorgeous flowers!!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!!
    The rainbow pic is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card and the grid layout. Such pretty flowers too with the ribbon roses and corrugated button flower. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    PS Fantastic rainbow photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love this card Kim! The yellow and the contrast of the cardboard, gorgeous! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete