Polkadot Door Designs Challenge & Bloghop

5.07.2011



Hello everyone! Polkadot Door Designs is celebrating its first blog anniversary! And to celebrate the occasion, Rebecca and Sarah (owners of Polkadot Door) are hosting a new inspirational challenge and blog hop for everyone to play along. Plus, they are giving away lots of goodies along the way!

When Rebecca asked me to participate in this challenge and blog hop celebration, I quickly said, "YES"!  And I am so glad I did because I love to see my blog friends grow in their new adventures, wherever it may take them.

So let's start the fun...

I am your first stop along the blog hop! You should have joined me from Polkadot Door Designs. If not, please start there to see all the details, prizes to be won, and challenge details. Then, come back to start the blog hop!


Rebecca and Sara have created this fun inspirational challenge to get creative using the elements: pinwheels, crochet flowers, or sentiment. You can combine all three, two, or just use one - it's your choice!

Here is my card that I created for this challenge. My choice of element is the crochet flower and an accordion  version of the pinwheel...


I added some velvet leaves, seam binding ribbon, and a painted chipboard tag with a softly stamped sentiment.


Now before you go and hop along to the next stop, I wanted to remind you of the prizes to be had...

American Crafts Acrylic Stamp Set and Ink Pads!
Win it by voting for your favorite designer you saw along the bloghop. 
If you cast your vote for any of the designers along the hop, they have a chance to win something too!

Kit from April Strings Kit Club!
Win it just by participating in the bloghop.

$12 Gift Certificate to Um Wow Studio Etsy Shop!
Win it by playing along in the inspirational challenge.

Win a Spot on the July Design Team!
Win it by playing along in the inspirational challenge.
Six to eight of the most creative entries will be selected.

Page Kit from Polkadot Door Designs!
One person from the selected July Design Team will win this kit!

Wow! That's a lot of stuff to win! So what are you waiting for? Your next stop on the hop is....


Have fun on the hop!



Supplies Used for "Live Your Bliss" Card:
Cardstock: (Lemon Tart) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (Emma's Shoppe) Crate Paper; (Good Day Sunshine) My Mind's Eye
Velvet Leaves: Prima
Crochet Flower: Prima
Chipboard Tag: Maya Road
Stamp: (Mega Mixed Messages) Papertrey Ink
Button: Vintage Flea Market Finding

36 comments:

  1. Love the accordion pinwheel, and the colours you've used are some of my faves right now. I also {heart} how you've photographed your card on the doily with buttons and flowers scattered around, it looks so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!It's my first blog hop!And I love your works so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Kim! I tried a medalion thinking I might use it somewhere on my projects for this--didn't end up using it, though. I love yours! It's perfect for the crocheted flowers. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love the layers and the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim- what a fantastic project! I love the colors and your acordian flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new blog header! This is such a pretty card. I love the crochet flower and the fan fold behind it. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kim! I love the colors and of course the crochet flower! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card Kim! The colors are so fresh and yummy!! and the crochet flower gives the card a great touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is just gorgeous gorgeous! I love all the texture and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Kim! I love the addition of the vintage button to the center of the crochet flower, and the inking on the accordion flower really gives it depth. Thank you so much for being part of our first ever blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these colors and all of the detail in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colors are delicious! I've never been to your site before - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy colours and how well you have interpreted the photo on the card. And I loved your blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card and the colors are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the muted spring colors! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! I love how you used the crochet & accordion flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim this is so pretty! I love the girlie element you put together here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My FIRST ever BLOG HOP! So excited!! LOVE all the textures, colors and details! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Thanks for hopping along Kim, the details on the card are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! I love every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks fantastic :) awesome card

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really beautiful! I love the pinwheel and doily together. Great techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just so very lovely, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that beautiful pink! Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful card. Love the doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How can one not love every single element in your card? This is superb stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. The variety of textures and depth from the 3D effect on you card are wonderful! It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow - this card is stunning! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty card. Great pinwheel in the center and lovely papers used to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is a really pretty card...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very beautiful card! Love it...makes me wish I were a better card maker...or that I knew you irl LOL

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just happened upon this blog hop today and I really am enjoying it. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  33. that is a truly beautiful card... I can never seem to get those accordian flowers quite right!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card! Love the different shades of pink!
    Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pretty card, Kim!
    I love your colors.

    Yukiko Ochi

    ReplyDelete