Thinking of You - CR84FN

5.17.2011




Wow! What a day I had today! It was a doozer. Although technically, I am not sure what a "doozer" is, but that's how the saying goes anyway. Ha!

Tonight I want to share a new card I created to play along with the latest CR84FN color challenge. I normally don't use the colors red and yellow, but the inspiration photos from CR84FN looked so inspiring together. I think this will be a color combo that I will want to use again.

Here is the color inspiration...


Aren't the flowers and jars of jam so pretty? Makes me want to have an outdoor picnic.

Here is my take on this weeks color challenge...


I used some more of my new stamps sets. Ooh how I love to play with new stamps! For this card, I used the Larger Than Life stamps and matching dies for the focal point. For the background, I mixed a few different postcard stamps. 

With the red and yellow, this card totally reminds me of a summer picnic. Oh I can't wait for the weather to warm up and welcome in the summer sunshine!


Of course, I added some stitching around the edges. For me, I always feel like my card is more complete with stitching. Don't you think? 


Last, I added layers of ribbon, twine, and a little handmade resin heart-shaped locket I created using a mold by Mold Muse.

If you haven't tried creating your own resin or clay embellishments, I definitely recommend Mold Muse. I have lots of their molds and they are unbelievably easy to use! Just add your clay or resin - let them shape by baking the clay or allowing the resin to harden - then, just pop them out! (and no, they did not pay me to say that!)

I have my eye on this little bird for my next purchase from Mold Muse. Take a look. Isn't that sweet? 

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my card for the CR84FN challenge. Playing along sure made my day feel soooo much better!



Supplies Used for "Thinking of You" Card:
Cardstock: (Lemon Tart) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Kitch) The Girl's Paperie
Floral Stamp and Sentiment: (Larger Than Life; Through the Trees) Papertrey Ink
Post Card Stamps: (Postcards) Tim Holtz; (Timeless Romance) Tattered Angels
Locket: handmade resin locket by Mold Muse



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kim! That bouquet of flowers looks fabulous and love the fancy ribbon treatment! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the flowers, the lace, the ribbon and that heart charm is very sweet. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I have those stamps and dies but never could make them look as FAB as this! LOVE your card! LOVE the papers! LOVE the post card stamps! LOVE how you tied it all up into one PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is STUNNING!! WOW!!! Love your bouquet!!! The background paper and stamping are so beautiful!!! Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! I love your stamping and I love the mix of your embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Kim...so soft and romantic! Awesome job with the colors, they're perfect!

    ReplyDelete