What A Dear!

5.16.2011


It's been so long since I've played along at the CASE Study Challenge. I follow their blog and always enjoy seeing the participants link up their projects each week. I have seen some really pretty cards based on their weekly muse and am glad I was able to participate this week.

When I saw the card for this week's muse by Sarah Martina, I knew I had to play along considering Sarah's card is gorgeous and because I had nearly the same embellishments, flowers, and cameos in my stash. So here is the card I created for the CASE challenge...


I started by sewing a zigzag stitch around my patterned papers from Pink Paislee, then adhered a journal die cut from Papertrey Ink which I hand stamped.

Recently, I purchase a ton of new stamps from my local scrapbook store during National Scrapbooking Day. Can you believe they had stamp collections on sale for only $2.50!!! Isn't that generous of them? Believe me...I stocked up big time and used several of my new stamps on this card. I just love new stamps! It's always so fun to ink up a new set!


I must admit that I enjoyed playing along in this challenge. I just love creating with lots of layers and embellishments and this challenge provided just that. I can't wait to see what the next challenge will bring!

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies Used for "What A Dear" Card:
Cardstock: (Sweet Blush) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (Nature Sanctuary) Pink Paislee
Die Cut: (Spiral Notebook) Papertrey Ink
Stamps: (Hello There) American Crafts; (Carte Postale) Unity; (Calendar) Lil Davis Designs
Velvet Flower: Maya Road
Fabric Flower: Prima
Ribbon: Ocean Mist

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this Kim! So perfectly soft, delicate and feminine! Lovely vintage accents and gorgeous coloring! Fantastic work! So glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is gorgeous Kim! I looove the accents and the patterned paper is divine! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Kim. I love the grouping of flowers and the notebook paper. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is gorgeous... top to bottom, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous - love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what an amzing card! Shabby chic at its best!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being a top 3! A beautiful card!:)

    ReplyDelete