With Love. Cardabilities Sketch 32

5.30.2011


Hi everyone! Today starts a new sketch over at Cardabilities. And I know you all are going to want to play along with this one!

This week's sketch is a classic that will fit anyone's card crafty style. From clean and simple, to shabby chic, to fun and whimsical - this sketch has the ability to fit it all!

Here's the reveal...


Isn't is lovely? For my card, I decided to go for the shabby chic look by using flowers for the circles in the sketch. Take a look...


I distressed the edges of my patterned paper to give it that vintage look, which I adore, then ran a zigzag stitch over the edge to give it some softness.  


The large white flower was something I had created a while ago using fabric scraps and a candle - an inexpensive way to create your own Prima-style flower. If you haven't seen it before, I posted a tutorial for how to create these fabric flowers - you can read the tutorial here

Then, be sure to stop by the Cardabilities blog to check out what the rest of the Design Team created using this week's sketch. I hope you'll join us and enter your creation in the Cardabilities Gallery!

Have a great day!


Supplies Used for "With Love" Card:
Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Hollywood Vogue) Webster's Pages
Resin Flower: created using mold by Mold Muse
Other flowers: Maya Road and Prima
Stamp: (Sweethearts) Waltzingmouse Stamps



5 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! I love making those flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I really love the colors, that pop of pink on the yellow is so pretty. The flowers are gorgeous. TFS, Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooow! Kim, it's amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Kim! LOVE that doily and the flowers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete