Birthday Wishes - Cardabilities Sketch 34

6.30.2011

I cannot believe how quickly time has past by these last three months! It was just three months ago that I posted here to share my first card for the Cardabilities Sketch Challenge as a new member of their Design Team. But today brings my three month term to an end - and so, I am sharing my last card as a Design Team member for Cardabilities.

I have enjoyed each and every one of Karan's amazing sketches...she truly has an eye for detail, adding fun embellishments to her sketches, and bringing something completely different each time. I am sure I will continue to play along with more of Karan's sketches in the future.


I created this card while I was traveling in Idaho last week. I didn't bring much supplies with me except for some adhesive, a few sheets of patterned paper and ink. But I intended it to be that way because I knew there was a scrapbook store just a few miles down the road from my mother-in-law's ranch.

I picked up a few Prima flowers, some butterflies embellishments, and some cute banner stickers.



So after a fun little shopping spree at the scrapbook store (which was a completely charming and sweet store), we went on another shopping spree for some antiques. Needlesstosay, our truck was empty when we came here, but was full of goodies when we left! lol


Notice the shelf behind my card? It was one of my antique shop finds. An adorable little wall shelf that was too perfect not to pass up. Plus it makes a nice photo backdrop - well, something different anyway.

I hope you'll be able to play along with the sketch challenge at Cardabilities and find some time to see what the rest of the Design Team gals created.




 
Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (Emma's Shoppe) Crate Paper
Stamp: (Say It Loud) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Butterfly: (Butterly Garden Clear Pops) Pink Paislee
Flower: (Espirit Champagne Rose) Prima
Banner Stickers: (Homespun) Jenni Bowlin
Ribbon: (Ocean Mist) PaperLovesGlue.Etsy.com


4 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE this ultra-feminine card Kim... you rocked the sketch for sure!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kim! I love the colors and the bow above the banner is cute! Totally shabby and awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! The banner with the seam binding is so fun and just gorgeous! Great work!

    ReplyDelete