I Think of You & Smile

6.08.2011


It's almost the end of school and the beginning of summer vacation! This must be the most favorite time of year for my kiddos (other than Christmas)! School's out, the days are longer, and bedtime is anytime. 

Since we are on the countdown to graduation here in our home, I decided to use this week's sketch at Papercraft Star to create a little card for my son. I always enjoy the little notes he writes me, so I hope he feels the same way with my notes to him!


I used a star-shaped die cut from Papertrey Ink and a chipboard star from My Mind's Eye, wrapped some twine and added a button. Pretty simple, right? 


I stamped a sentiment from Missing You by Tradefish Designs - gave it a little curve and hand-cut around to create a little banner. 

Now I think I will fill the inside of this card with a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. Even though school is out, reading bedtime stories is the favorite way to end a long summer day!

Now I hope you will join us for the challenge this week. Here are the details to play along and have the chance to win some fun prizes...


Challenge 49
Create any project you wish using this sketch as your inspiration. 


TradeFish Designs

Supplies Used for "You Make Me Smile" Card:
Cardstock: (Spring Rain) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Distress Dots) Papertrey Ink; (Good Day Sunshine, Fine & Dandy) My Mind's Eye
Chipboard: (Fine & Dandy) My Mind's Eye
Sentiment: (Missing You) Tradefish Designs


6 comments:

  1. What can I say Kim....just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Kim! Beautiful! I love the cloud paper, the layered stars with the button and the way you stamped the sentiment.... okay, I love it all! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Kim. The stars, stiching and twine work great with the colors you have chosen. I love that you curved the sentiment. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers, Kim...this is an absolute delight! Love the colors and the fabulous twine accent! Your cards are always so wonderfully "put together" and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card Kim! The wavy sentiment and the star and twine! Perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What really struck me about your card this week was the paper combination. AND the curvy sentiment. I loved those papers together, they created a real sense of summer and fun !!

    ReplyDelete