Spiral Flower Tutorial

6.09.2011




Hi everyone! 

Today, I am sharing another tutorial at the Papercraft Star blog for quick and easy flowers using scrap pieces of gift wrap tissue paper. If you're like me, you may have plenty of tissue paper leftover from gift wrapping. If so, these quick and easy spiral flowers are a cinch to create and will use up some of that tissue paper you may have been holding on to!

Now I know I am not the first to do this type of flower. I see them everywhere - in fabric, paper, on t-shirts, shoes, even hair accessories! But I really like using leftover materials to save on the cost of embellishments. Plus, re-purposing our resources is a great way to help save our planet....just a little bit more!


So let's get started!

Supplies:
Tissue paper
Glue
Scrap Paper
Glimmer Mist (optional)
Bling (optional)


Step 1. Take one sheet of tissue paper and fold into three of four layers. Cut the layers into strips approximately 1" wide. Measurements do not have to be exact - just eyeball it.


Step 2. Twist each stack of layered tissue paper. Spray with Glimmer Mist (optional way to color white tissue paper).


Step 3. Roll each piece into a spiral.


Step 4. Punch out 1" circles and glue onto the back of the spiral tissue paper to provide support. 


Step 5. Cut tissue paper into the shape of leaves. Spray with Glimmer Mist and adhere to back of spiral flower. Add a piece of bling to the center of the flower.


Now your flower is ready to embellish any of your papercraft creations! I hope you have fun creating your own version of these little flowers! And if you do, I'd love to see it. 

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Such cute flowers Kim! Love the tut! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I can make myself these little beauties. Thanks for sharing the tutorial Kim. Lovely card by the way. Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! I'll have to stock up on my tissue papers next trip out to the store! Thanks for sharing how to make them! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! What a great idea for a perfect accent and a perfect way to recycle! Thanks for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing how you make these pretty flowers! The end result is beautiful and so is your card with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab Kim! I cannot wait to try and make some cute flowers. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely tutorial... thanks so much Kim :)
    and I love your banner! simple and sweet and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried these and they are super easy and so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I'll have to give this a try, I love making flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these flowers and can't wait to try making some. Certainly can't be any more cost effective than tissue paper. TFS

    ReplyDelete