Where Have I Been?!?

6.28.2011

Hi everyone! I'm back! I truly did not intend on leaving my blog for so long. We decided (very last minute) to take a much needed vacation and visit family in Idaho.

Last week, we left in the middle of the night for a non-stop 14-hour drive from the coast of California, through the desert of Nevada, and arrived at the green open spaces of Idaho.

Our time was spent doing round-the-clock activities. Hiking, horseback riding, antiquing, playing bocci ball and game boards, and working around the ranch.

One of my favorite things about Idaho is that the summer nights stay sunny until around 10:00 at night! I have never really seen that before. I would love to have all that daylight with me all the time. Sigh!

I am so appreciative of our little vacation, seeing my kiddos ride the horses, gather eggs from the hen house, seeing their faces light up riding the quad around the property. These moments are worth every minute of that long,14-hour drive.

Well, now I feel rested and gained a new energy. And I have so many crafty things to share with you this week...so let's get to it!


I have truly been enjoying the newest stamp set release from Clear and Simple Stamps - Tweet Notes. I decided to use it to create another little baby card using more soft, pale colors, baby rose buds, and layers of ribbon.


The branches are one of my favorite images from this stamp set. I added layers behind the bird cage and embellished with crinkle ribbon and a small stamped tag for the sweet "little one". 


I added layers of ribbon trim, including a pink satin ribbon from Clear and Simple Stamps and a velvet trim from May Arts. I'm lovin' it all!

Well, it's late into the evening and I must get some shut eye. But I will be back early in the morning (coffee in hand) to share a new project I created for the next challenge at Papercraft Star. See you then!



Cardstock: (A Blanc Check) Clear and Simple Stamps
Patterned Papers: Making Memories; Bo Bunny
Stamps: (Tweet Notes) Clear and Simple Stamps
Ribbon: (pink satin - You're a Natural Darling) Clear and Simple Stamps; (velvet trim) May Arts; (crinkle ribbon - Misty Meadow) Etsy






2 comments:

  1. sounds like you all had a fabulous trip! Great card, love all the little details you have added in, the pearls on the sentiment are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed your posts Kim! I am glad you had a good vacation with your family, it sounds like my kind of vacation.
    Your card is adorable! I love the sweet bird surrounded by the branches.
    I've just checked PCS and your creation for this week's challenge is stunning!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete