Wish You Were Here!

6.29.2011


As you may know, I love all things vintage. One of my favorites is finding those vintage post card greetings that have the name of the state and images from various tourist spots. I just love those! I found several of them  while antiquing in Idaho - to me the illustrations are amazing, full of bright colors, and wonderful graphics.

Anyway, all this talk about vintage brings me to the challenge today at Papercraft Star. Even though the challenge is based on an inspirational photo, I was inspired by the pink and gray colors of the photo to create my own version of a vintage style greeting card. 


My starting point came from the vintage image I found in my stash. I noticed the little girl in the pink bathing suit and the gray tones from the ocean. So from these colors, I just took off from there!

I used a silvery gray Bazzil cardstock for my matting and stitched a pink patterned paper from Webster's Pages. 

I framed the image with a postage stamp chipboard and inked the edges for dimension. 


Since it was becoming a summery beach card, I added a seashell and starfish. These are staples where I live on the California coast. I love the soft colors and the relaxing energy I get from looking at these ornaments from the sea. Plus, it's a wonderful way to spend the day with the kiddos, looking for seashells and running out feet through the warm sand. 

I created a banner for the "Wish You Were Here!" sentiment. A lovely script from the Missing You stamp set by Tradefish Designs. I know I am going to use this set over and over. There are many different sayings that will work for a variety of occasions. Thanks, C for creating these new stamps and the best of luck on your new adventures!

TradeFish Designs

Be sure to check out the rest of what the Design Team came up with and then enter your creations at Papercraft Star! Remember, the winner is determined by vote and there are chances to win the People's Choice Award, prizes for the winner, and a randomly selected entry will win a prize from our monthly Grand Prize Sponsor! Whoo - that's a lot of winning!

Here are the details for the challenge. I hope you play along!


Challenge 51: Photo Inspiration

Create a papercraft project using this photo as your inspiration.

(Photo credit: Garrendenny Lane)



Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages
Frame: (Framed Fonts) Tattered Angels
Stamp: (Missing You) Tradefish Designs
Ribbon: (Barely Blush) PaperLovesGlue.etsy.com
Image: (By the Sea) Tweety Jill 


8 comments:

  1. Love this card. I really like the vintage postcards with a Victorianna feel. Great embellishments and muted tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous Kim! Love this shabby card, it's drool worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely summer feeling - you always manage to make your cards look so fresh !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, Kim, this is gorgeous! WOW! You are truly an inspiration to me, do you know that? Even though our styles are different, I really, really love your work. Another stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. Love all the different elements, they look great with the post card. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card Kim! Excellent take on a vintage card. The starfish and shell are perfect embellishments. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the extra details that went into this project Kim... this card is totally stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this card Kim, it is absolutely Gorgeous! The image and all the details... fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete