Celebrate the 4th!

7.04.2011


Happy 4th of July! This is by far one of my most favorite holidays. Every year we hit Main Street to visit the Street Fair, have funnel cake, shop with the vendors, and end the day with a good 'ol American BBQ.

I can't wait to enjoy the sun today. But before we head out for our day of fun, I wanted to share a card I created just for today's occasion - celebrating our independence on this 4th of July!


I am playing along with two challenges today - The Shabby Tea Room (red, white, blue) and Stampin' Royalty (Go Patriotic).


I found a fun little alpha stamp set for $1.00 at Michael's. I love this set! The font is too cute! I also had fun using my new papers from Rocket Age that I found while shopping in Idaho. The little shop was so charming and the woman who worked there was just the sweetest. 


For some fun, I twisted my ribbon to replicate a streamer. It seemed appropriate for the 4th of July. 

Well, I'm heading out now to cruise the Street Fair and eat some funnel cake. Hey, on the 4th having funnel cake for breakfast is totally acceptable - especially when there are fresh strawberries piled on top. Yum! 

Got to go get ready for our big day! Be safe...and happy 4th!



Patterned Papers: (Rocket Age) October Afternoon
Star Die Cut: Papertrey Ink
Buttons: (Designer Mix) Clear and Simple Stamps
Ribbon: (Cotton Stripes) May Arts
Stamps: (Banner Builder) Papertrey Ink; (Alphabet) Hampton Art

7 comments:

  1. wonderful card kim!!! I love the way you did the ribbon!Happy 4th and thanks so much for sharing your stunnng card this week in The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim! Your card is gorgeous! The ribbon makes a great statement:) Happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun & festive. Love that rolled ribbon.

    Wishing you a Happy 4th of July. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I love the LO and that curly ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!!! love, love your card great job! thank you for playing along at the stamping royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS CARD IS ABSOTIVELY AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! Loving the star accent, and the rolled ribbon!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete