Have you heard? Papercraft Star is looking to add two new members to join its Design Team! And I am so excited about it! The ladies on the Design Team are the sweetest and I have enjoyed their big hearts and words of encouragement during my term. I know from experience that you will feel the same way. The call is open now and I strongly encourage you all apply. You won't regret it!
Papercraft Star is a weekly challenge blog for paper crafters of all skill levels. Our mission is to inspire crafters to create beautiful projects, teach them new techniques and keep them up-to-date on the latest trends, while motivating them with words of encouragement on their own blogs.
We want being a part of our team to be a fun and rewarding experience. Trust me when I say that the existing Design Team has created such a positive and supportive environment - a pleasure to be a part of, for sure!
There is no previous Design Team experience required and we encourage crafters of all styles to apply! Of course there are a few things we are looking for:
- Someone who loves crafting, being part of a team, and inspiring and encouraging others.
- Although we don't expect perfection, we do want to see quality work that will inspire our challenge participants.
- You must have a blog and be able to post well photographed projects (complete with supplies list) to promote the weekly Papercraft Star challenge.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and live in the United States/Canada. International applicants will be considered for Guest Designer positions, so we encourage you to apply.
- You must be able to commit to a six month term on the team beginning September 1, 2011 and ending on February 29, 2012.
- You must read the Papercraft Star Design Team Guidelines and be prepared to follow them as set forth.
- If selected, you will be required to complete one challenge based assignment per week using product supplied by our sponsor, The House Across the Bay (please visit THATB's shop on Etsy). You would also be expected to participate in any scheduled blog hops or special postings.
So what's in this for you!
- You'll be part of a wonderfully supportive group of crafting ladies.
- Exposure for your own personal blog.
- Free product from our sponsor (Please understand that the product is in digital form and CANNOT be shared. It is for your personal use only. Sharing digital files is illegal.)
If you would like to be part of our growing team of fabulous crafters, please send the following to PapercraftStar@yahoo.com (please use "DESIGN TEAM CALL" as your subject) and include:
- Full name, address, phone number and email address.
- A link to your personal blog, a link to your YouTube channel (if applicable), and links to your online galleries (if applicable).
- Design Teams, if any, that you work on now or have worked on in the past.
- Photos of three papercraft projects that represent both your style and your best work.
- Read the Design Team Guidelines and determine if you are willing to comply with these requirements.
- Write a short paragraph about yourself telling us why you think you'll be a good fit for the Papercraft Star Design Team. Please also let us know that you read the Design Team Guidelines.
- Become a follower of Papercraft Star (if you are not already).
- Complete and email with your application a project created for Challenge 60 on the Challenges Page of the Papercraft Star Challenge Blog (this will be your first Design Team reveal if selected for the team).
Submission deadline is August 4, 2011. We will announce our Design Team members before the end of the month.
And if you have any questions about the Design Team, the requirements, applying, or Papercraft Star in general - please, leave a comment here on my blog. You may also send me an email (located at the top, left corner) and I will be sure to answer any questions you may have.
Good luck to everyone who applies! I am so excited about the Design Team call. I know whoever is accepted onto the team, will have a blast!