Have a Rootin' Tootin' Time!

7.06.2011


Hello everyone! Today I am sharing another card I created for the Papercraft Star Design Team. This week's challenge is to create any project using a photo as your inspiration (see bottom of this post).

For my card, I  pulled from the orange and gray colors in the photo to create something a little fun for any occasion worth celebrating!


Isn't this card so fun?! The color combination is something I would have never thought of, but now that I tried it, I just love the results! That's exactly why I love playing along with color challenges - they always push you to try something new. 

I chose papers from My Mind's Eye - Stella and Rose (Mabel) and Cosmo Cricket's Upcycle. To give my paper a little more "umph", I embossed the gray paper and sanded the raised portion with a file. The result is a nice, soft texture!


I folded and pleated my rusty orange satin ribbon with a simple hot glue gun. Nothing fancy, just glue and fold...glue and fold. Then, I added a new crinkle ribbon color. To me, the colors remind me of a sunset. A little yellow, with peeks of orange bursts. So pretty!

Then, I added a pop of purple because in the inspirational photo, there is a small purple flower sitting behind the sofa. You have to look real close to see it!


And what card wouldn't be complete without a fun sentiment from Waltzingmouse? Again, I am loving the rusty orange and gray color combo. It's such a refreshing change. I will have to remember this for making cards in the fall. 

Well, I hope this card leaves you inspired to play along in the challenge at Papercraft Star. I'd love to see what you create with this fun color combo. Here are the details...


Challenge 52: Photo Inspiration

Create any project you wish using this photo as your inspiration.

(Photo credit: Garrendeny Lane)

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies Used for "Have A Rootin' Tootin' Time" Card:
Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: (Upcycle) Cosmo Cricket; (Mabel) My Mind's Eye
Die Cut: (Labels Fourteen) Spellbinders
Ribbon: (Mimosa; Mardi Gras)

8 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Kim! I love what you did with those colors and that ribbon is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Kim! I love the combination of colors and the sentiment you've chosen.
    Congrats on being appointed as senior designer for PCS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card! i love how you did the ribbon, ruffled. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really IS so fun, the colors and, well, just all of it. Looks just like "KIM" !! A rootin' tootin' good thing, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Kim! I always look forward to seeing your projects. You did a fabulous job using the orange in the photo, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, Kim, what can I say. Your style is just so beautiful. You are the queen of frou frou cards. LOL You always know how to put just the right fluffs and sparkles together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim: Your card is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am a new follower and am looking forward to getting to know you. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete