Hugs and Kisses - Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge

7.03.2011

I hope everyone is enjoying their long holiday weekend. I've been enjoying some gardening, summer sunshine, and catching up on housework since coming home from our vacation.

I decided to play along in the newest Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge this week. The summer sun was getting hot, so I needed a break in the craft room.


I used two decorative circle stamps from the Rescue Remedies stamp set by Waltzingmouse to create a sort of background paper. 


And I am just loving the sentiments from Sweethearts collection. It's the perfect sentiment for my daughter who I intend on giving this card to. She is going to be babysitting her little brother this summer - so any words of encouragement I can give her for being so "grown up" I am all for doing. I think a little gift card to her favorite, Barnes and Noble bookstore is well deserved and will fit nicely with this card.


Anyway, I've got run - I'm heading out back into the garden to plant more flowers. I need to race to finish up before the sun goes down. There's not much daylight left!

WMSC-54


Cardstock: (Trendsetter Blue) Clear and Simple Stamps
Patterned Paper: (Minerva) Melissa Frances
Stamps: (Rescue Remedies; Sweethearts) Melissa Frances
Flowers: Prima





9 comments:

  1. Your cards are always so inspiring :) Love the flowers and colors on this card.

    Rebecca
    http://polkadotdoordesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful creation Kim! love the bg stamping - the lovely soft colors and your beatufil flowers! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oh my, this is soo beautiful, Kim! I just love the way you used the circle images to make a background, and the flowers are so lovely! The sentiment is just perfect for this card! So glad you could cool off and join in the WMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, so much shabby goodness! Lovely soft colours and pretty roses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Kim! I love hte soft colors and those stripes behind your sentiment are super!! Thanks for joining us this week at WMSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, a really beautiful card. Love those big blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat a stunning card, love it! Thank you somuch for joining us at WMSC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous; so elegant! I love the stamped background!

    ReplyDelete