Just A Note

7.27.2011

Well, the challenge this week at Papercraft Star can't get any easier! All you have to do is create ANY papercraft project you'd like and link it up! That's right - anything you want.

Now I'm sure you have some creations laying around that haven't been posted yet. Why not have them make their debut and play along with us!


I decided to take this opportunity to create another card for my grandma who lives long distance from me. I only get to see her about one time each year. That's not nearly enough when we use to spend everyday together when I was a child. 

Needless to say, I miss her. 


I used a mini envelope from my stash as a template. I didn't want to waste it, so I've been tracing and cutting a new envelope each time. That way, I can re-use again and again. Hey, I'm thrifty like that!


Inside the envelope, I created a small little notecard. Perfect for a small little message! I adhered a button on the top so the note wouldn't get lost inside the envelope. 

Oh! And it took me a few tries, but I was finally able to create the perfect size envelope for thick embellished cards, such as this one. I think it would make a good tutorial to share. Ok, I'm putting that on my to-do list.

Anyway, I hope you'll play along in the Papercraft Star challenge. Just create any papercraft creation and link it up! There are no restrictions. Just as long as it's a new, never-before-seen creation. 

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!


Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink; Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants; Ephemera: K&Company; Stamp: (Sing Along) American Crafts; Ribbon: Etsy



7 comments:

  1. This is so perfectly sweet Kim! I love the sentiment tucked in that cute little envie and oh, all of the shabby details are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kim, I love the cute envelope and the note inside! Surely your grandma is going to be happy to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card AND thought! My grandmother was my playmate when I was a kid too. We lost her in '93 and I still miss her dearly. Beautifully designed as always Kim. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your choice of colors always impresses me ! You did a wonderful job with this very difficult challenge.... lol ... (probably just difficult for you to pick out which marvelous card to share with us all !!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable Kim, and I'm sure your Grandma will love it....though it may bring a tear to her eye, as I'm sure she misses you too! Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog, so nice and friendly.
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this is a lovely card! So soft and sweet - and I love the mini envelope! Awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim your cards are always so stunning and this one is no exception. I love the envelope with the post card, so cute. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete