Life is a Bowl of Cerises!

7.20.2011

Today at Papercraft Star we are playing along with an inspirational photo and to use a theme of "summer beaches" for our creations. So when I think of relaxing on the beach, I think of packing my favorite snack - bright red and delicious cherries!


I had a some fun in modifying a vintage fruit crate label of cherries and making it my own design. Here is the original label I found...

Source: flickr.com via Kim on Pinterest


Isn't is so pretty? I removed the background and added an aqua colored border, modified the font and re-sized to proportion. Plus, it fits perfectly into a Spellbinder die cut! So fun!


So what reminds you of summer? 


Challenge 54: Photo Inspiration and Theme - Summer Beaches

Use summer time beaches as your theme and this photo as your inspiration.


You have until Monday, July 25 at 6:00 a.m. (eastern) to link up your creations. The Design Team will get to vote on the winning creation. I can't wait to see what you'll create!

Oh...and don't forget that Papercraft Star will be having a Design Team Call tomorrow! Be sure to look out for that announcement on the PCS blog. I truly mean it when I say that the ladies on the team are so sweet to work with - they are the biggest supporters and I have been so honored to have worked with them! I hope you will consider and apply for the Design Team Call! You'll be glad you did!




Cardstock: (Trendsetter Blue) Clear and Simple Stamps
Patterned Paper: (stripes) My Mind's Eye; (pink) Pebbles
Label Stickers: (Emma's Shoppe) Crate Paper
Stamp: (Mega Mixed Messages) Papertrey Ink
Butterflies: (Salt Air) Cosmo Cricket
Label: (Agence Eureka) modified by me!









4 comments:

  1. Great card Kim! I love that cherry image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautifully stylish card from you Kim! I love how you found that image and then made it into what you needed. I hope you're a lot faster than I am when it comes to altering digital images. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, cherries make me think of summer !! We had a prolific tree when I was a girl, and never could pick them all. (we have had so much rain up here our cherry crop is destroyed this summer, *sigh*) Oh yeh, back to the card... You never have a so-so card, EVER ! Always gorgeous, always so soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Kim! I just love your gorgeous bows. That image is fab too!

    ReplyDelete