Thanks Sew Much

7.09.2011

Hi everyone! I decided to play along with another CR84FN color challenge. This time - it's all about red, pink and white!

Not sure why, but this color theme reminded me of the 1940's and 50's schoolbooks - you know, the kind with Dick and Jane (see Spot run). I immediately thought of my 5 and Dime papers from October Afternoon and found the perfect combination of my colors for this challenge.


I kept this card simple by adhering a buttons to a Jenni Bowlin journal tag, some pretty pink ribbon, and a little chipboard tag that I painted white and distressed. I just love the little sentiment - it's from Clear and Simple Stamp's On The Mend set. Sew cute! (sorry, but I had to be punny there.)


And just look at the mini wooden spool. Way too adorable! I wrapped some pink and white baker's twine around and decided this is my new favorite embellishment!


If you have some time, you should play along with the CR84FN color challenge. Here is the inspiration graphic. Just click the image to take you directly to the challenge. 


Cardstock: (Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (5 and Dime) October Afternoon
Journal Card: Jenni Bowlin
Chipboard Tag: Maya Road
Stamp: (On The Mend) Clear and Simple Stamps
Wooden Spool: Maya Road
Lace Trim: Little Red Cottage on Etsy

2 comments:

  1. Sew pretty Kim! Love the Vintage vibe and the sewing theme! The little spool wrapped with twine is an awesome touch! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kim... this is just darling! I love everything about this! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete