Back 2 School - August Release at Clear and Simple Stamps

8.31.2011

Hi everyone! Today, I am here to share with you the newest stamp release from Clear and Simple Stamps. And oooh, I just love it! If you're up for creating fun school projects, creating gifts for the teacher, or anything school related, then this new alpha set is for you!

Alpha Varsity

Alpha Varsity is all about those large block letters that you'd find on a school varsity jacket. I love the bold border - it makes these letters so easy to trim and cut out! Also, there is plenty of room to use your markers and really get into customizing your letters. I love that!


For my card, I wanted a chalkboard kind of look. I pulled out some of Crate Paper's School Spirit and Toy Box collections - both, perfect for school related creations. Then, I gathered some black cardstock and white ink. I lightly stamped my alpha stamps onto the cardstock, this way it gave it that "chalky" kind of look.

To create my frame around the chalkboard, I used a woodgrain patterned paper to cut a large square using a Spellbinders die cut. Then I placed the next size smaller die to cut another square from the inside. This leaves a nice little piece that's exactly the size frame I needed.



Then I hung the chalkboard frame with thick twine and tied little knots at each end. Then I placed a button at the top to give the appearance that it's hanging from the card.



This stamp set is up and ready in the Clear and Simple Stamps shop now. And if you're ready to see some other great ideas for using Alpha Varsity, hop on over to the rest of the Design Team and be sure to leave them some comment love!








Cardstock: (Kraft Like a Rockstar Cream) Clear and Simple Stamps; Patterned Papers: (Toy Box, School Spirit) Crate Paper; Stamps: (Alpha Varsity) Clear and Simple Stamps; Trim: May Arts; Stickers: Crate Paper; Button: (You're a Natural) Clear and Simple Stamps



5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Kim! Absolutely love.it.to.pieces! So, so digging that chalkboard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Kim! Love the chalkboard aspect in particular. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combinations of papers on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, Kim! Love those papers and the chalkboard image! So creative! Definitely makes me ready to have my kids to back to school! Oh, wait, I've felt like that since June.... jk...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea to make a chalkboard! Love how this turned out.

    ReplyDelete