Back to School & New Design Team at Papercraft Star!

8.24.2011

Say it isn't so! I can't believe that summer is over and it's time to go back to school. I barely blinked my eyes and the wonderful days of summer have passed me by. My kiddos started their first day of school yesterday. It was so nice to hear them talk about their day and tell me about their new teachers. Gosh! How the kiddos grow so fast!

Today at Papercraft Star, we are playing along with our newest challenge theme of, what else, but Back to School! AND we are introducing two of our newest Design Team members to the Papercraft Star team! I am so excited to welcome Anitra Tovel and Jennifer Ferrell to the team!

Both ladies have been wowing us with their creations by playing along in the weekly challenges. But now they will each make their debut as designers starting with the challenge next week. I hope you will take some time to visit their blogs, say hello, and give them a warm welcome!

So with the start of new things to come, here is my card I created for our Back to School theme...


I kept this card simple by allowing the chipboard pieces to do all the work. I just love self adhesive chipboard because you can create a card in minutes! No cutting, no glue. Just stick 'em on! 


And just look at this fun little journal card! It's a vintage report card from The House Across the Bay's Etsy shop - perfect for my back to school themed card!


I completed my card with a sentiment from Papertrey Ink. I like how the pencil tip just barely touches the sentiment. It gives the illusion that this was handwritten (well, sort of!). 

Now let's see what you can create for this challenge! Here are the details...

 

Challenge 59: Back to School
Use back to school as your theme and/or this photo as your inspiration.


You have until Monday, August 29 at 6:00 a.m. (eastern time) to link up your projects. The Design Team will choose the winner who will receive their choice of digi collage from The House Across the Bay



Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink; Patterned Paper: (Schoolhouse) October Afternoon; Chipboard: (Schoolhouse Chip 'n Stick) October Afternoon; Border Sticker: (For the Record) Echo Park; Report Card: (Blank Backgrounds No. 045) The House Across the Bay; Stamp: (Signature Greetings) Papertrey Ink







7 comments:

  1. That little report card is so appealing, and you used it perfectly! What a fabulous card, Kim !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card Kim! The paper with all those grade school type images and that image from THATB---couldn't have matched more perfectly! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable Kim. Love the pencil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it does look like the pencil is dotting the "i"! That's so cute! Love this card, it's so colorful and fun. Would be a great card for the teacher as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! The chipboard pieces are the perfect touch!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, this is SO cute, Kim! Love the combination of goodies on here. Those chipboard pieces are fabulous, and I just love the vintage report card image. Fantastic sentiment, too.
    My kiddos started back to school today. I'm with you....cannot believe how fast the summer went.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so so so cute!! I love everything about this, esp. the colors, just fun!

    ReplyDelete