Birthday Treats for Waltzingmouse Sketch 62

8.27.2011

It's time for another sketch challenge at Waltzingmouse! This sketch is perfect for creating tags, but you could also incorporate the sketch into a card...easily.

I created a little birthday tag from the sketch using four different Waltzingmouse Stamps: Bitty BannersDainty Doilies 2Frame It, and Teeny Trees. I was in the mood for something bright and fun today, so I attached my tag onto a glassine bag full of candy. Thought this would make an quick and easy little gift!


After cutting out my tag, I used several different inks in primary colors to randomly stamp a patterned background. Then, I added some little banners and a red, felt flower. For fun, I added three different colors of ribbon to the top of the tag.


I filled a simple glassine bag with lots of candy, wrapped it with black and white baker's twine, then attached my tag. Hey, you can never go wrong with candy, right?


Before you go, I would like to introduce to you a new Michief Maker at Waltzingmouse

Karin Ã…kesdotter is the newest member to join the team. Yay! I hope you take a moment to stop by her blog and send her a big warm welcome. She has lots of beautiful creations posted, so you'll be sure to find lots of inspiration while you're there.

Now here is the newest sketch this week. I hope you will all play along!







Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink
Stamps: (Teeny Trees, Bitty Banners, Dainty Doilies 2, Frame It) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ribbon: (Mardi Gras, Ocean Mist, Candy Apple) Etsy
Flower: Recollections



5 comments:

  1. I adore your colorful and lively tag, Kim! what a great way to use those cute little banners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so, so, so cute, Kim! I just love your little tag, and how beautiful it look tied to the glassine treat bag. So love the stamped background and the banner flags. Such a sweet felt flower, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes Kim you can never go wrong with candy, as a matter of fact just email me and I'll give you the address where you can send this SUPER cute little gift set! LOL! Love all the bright colors and adorable tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty tag - love the background stamping and lovely colours used! Fab!

    ReplyDelete