Celebrate! Kraft Journal Challenge 34

8.29.2011

Hi everyone! Today at The Kraft Journal, we are playing along with our latest theme for Challenge 34: Celebrations (in honor of Labor Day).

Naturally, my color choices for this challenge are good 'ol red, white and blue (and Kraft, of course!). Here's what I came up with...


I love, love, love the combination of red and blue against Kraft paper. It has such a rich, country feeling. Reminds me of an old quilt, a red wagon, or a faded pair of jeans.


I used the Kraft Lunch Bag cardstock to cut a scalloped die cut, then added the Vintage Picnic basket filled with stars and a flag. I added a small piece of burlap peeking out from the basket. I love little details like that!


And last, trim! My favorite part of creating a card is adding the texture - layers of it, in this case!

I hope you find some time to play along with us this week at The Kraft Journal for our Celebrations Theme in honor of Labor Day! 

And now, I am heading to work for the week before enjoying a nice long weekend off for the holiday. I am thinking maybe a trip to the lake with the jet skis, or a camping trip to the ocean is calling my name. How about you, what are your plans for the long weekend? 


Cardstock: (Kraft Lunch Bag) The Kraft Outlet; Patterned Papers: (Alphabet Soup) My Mind's Eye; Stamps: (Vintage Picnic, Banner Builder) Papertrey Ink, (Alphabet) Hampton Art; Trim: (blue tulle) Webster's Pages, (red lace) Little Red Cottage on Etsy


13 comments:

  1. This is SO, SO gorgeous, Kim! Love the design to pieces. The colors and papers are so perfect with the kraft and I adore that picnic basket. The bit of burlap is the perfect touch. And my favorite part? Those gorgeous trims. It's all just SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Kim! So much texture and a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute Kim. I love the Vintage Picnic set and you did an amazing job with this set. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo precious Kim - love it! :) after all this crazy weather on the East, I am looking forward to a relaxing labor day weekend. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing Kim! Every element just melds together. I kind of passed over the Labor Day theme on my project but our readers got some beautiful examples with you and Audrey's cards. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a patriotic beautiful picnic basket, Kim! The card is totally cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim this is such a cute card. It does remind me of an Americana quilt too. I especially love the layers of trim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red and kraft just belong together! Love the detail with the burlap!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. I love all the little ruffles and textures of this card. Of course the red, white and blue is beautiful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous Kim...and that little bit of burlap... yummmmmmy! Love this creation you clever thing you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card, Kim! I love the picnic basket filled with the flags and those layers of trim are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, Thanks for leaving me such a sweet comment on my blog. I had to check out what you've been up to and say back atcha!! This card really grabbed me! I love all the texture you've got going on - from that little piece of burlap to the frilly netting, to the red lace. Just a perfect card with so many details that all work together perfectly. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim, Thanks for leaving me such a sweet comment on my blog. I had to check out what you've been up to and say back atcha!! This card really grabbed me! I love all the texture you've got going on - from that little piece of burlap to the frilly netting, to the red lace. Just a perfect card with so many details that all work together perfectly. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete