Felicitations! A New Waltzingmouse Challenge!

8.20.2011

If you love sketches to create your projects, then you're going to love the new sketches this week at Waltzingmouse! Yes, I said sketches, as in two of them. That's because Mrs. Sarah Martina Parker has created two sketches for us to play along with this week - one for a page and one for a card! Just take your choosing or choose them both!

Whoo hoo!

But because we all know that cards are my fav-or-ite, I am here to share my card based on one of the sketches....


Sending some warm Felicitations with this card today! I just love that word and feel a little bit fancy when saying it. Although it kind of reminds me of the Charlotte's Web book, when Charlotte says "Salutations" to greet Wilbur. So sweet!  ♥  ♥  ♥  


Anyway, back to the card. I am really into the rich tones of the new My Mind's Eye Sunshine collection. The colors are just so pretty.


I used Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small die cut to stamp the pretty vine leaf from the Ovals - Classic Frames set and sentiment from Big Day Additions. I just love both of these collections. Just the right amount of vintage quality, but still so elegant. 


To add a frame around my card, I used the stitching stamp from Off Beat Backgrounds. This was my first time inking it up and I promise it won't be the last. This is my new fave!

I hope you've been inspired to play along in the challenge this week at Waltzingmouse. There is lots more inspiration from the Mischief Makers Design Team. Please stop by and see what they've created for you. 

Here's a peek at the two sketches for you to choose from! Have fun choosing which one to use...



It's the last weekend for us before school starts, so we are heading out on a little hike near the waterfalls. A nice summer picnic sounds like a great way to spend the day together. Enjoy your weekend!


Cardstock: (Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink; Patterned Paper: (Sunshine) My Mind's Eye; Stamps: (Off Beat Backgrounds, Big Day Additions, Ovals Classic Frames) Waltzingmouse Stamps; Other: (flower) Prima; (resin) Recollections; (button) Clear and Simple Stamps; (ribbon) Etsy




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Kim! I am in love with the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitching frame is really cool...hadn't noticed it!!! Card is gorgeous!!! Might have to check out the ovals too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous Kim! This card is breath-taking! Fabulous stamping, and love that new collection. I just bought some of it on Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautiful card - loe the lace and doily - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely vintage card! The bicycle is such a cute accent, and the oval die cut and frame go so well with this style. Love the ribbon and lace, too!

    ReplyDelete