From Your Secret Admirer. Papercraft Star No. 57.

8.10.2011

Hi everyone! I had a lot of fun coming up with a card for today's challenge at Papercraft Star! Our challenge this week is to create a project based on a book - a title, book cover, or the theme of a book.

I decided to create a lovey-dovey card, starting with the pages of a diary journal. Stamped from a "secret admirer," I think the diary page fits right into the book challenge.


I used a journal card from this lovely set by The House Across the Bay. I just love the vintage quality of these journal cards. And it had the perfect little area to stamp that pretty red rose!


I added a few different varieties of my green crinkle ribbons and a handmade resin rose bud. 


I finished my card with layers of trim and pleated lace. And the most perfect little button I found during my last shopping trip to the flea market. Aren't all those colors so pretty together? 

So! Are you ready to play along?


Challenge 57: Books

Use a book as your inspiration! A title, a theme, or even a book cover.


You have until Monday, August 15 at 6:00 a.m. (eastern). The Papercraft Star Design Team will be sure to stop by your blog and check out your creations. The selected winner will be announced on Tuesday, August 16 and will win a prize from our generous sponsor, The House Across the Bay!


Now link up your creations! Ready, set, go!


Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink; Patterned Paper: (Vellum) Webster's Pages; Journal Card: (Collage No. 045) The House Across the Bay; Stamps: (Sweethearts) Waltzingmouse, (Carte Postale) Unity; Ribbon: (Shamrock; Firefly) Etsy


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kim! I love that blue lace ruffle at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kim! As soon as I saw this card on the challenge site I knew I had to come over and leave you a comment! This card is A-mazing! There's not a thing I don't like about this card except maybe that I didn't make it myself, lol! Seriously, it is really lovely! Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty, LOVE the colors and all the gorgeous details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I've got to get crisp and clean lessons from you. LOL You just amaze me more and more every week. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so crafty clever to add the diary page. Gorgeous card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I really love about this is the secret admirer/diary thing - it is so unusual. You keep getting better and better - how is that possible ?? Hugs !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Kim! I just love that color of blue and the diary page is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the ribbons! :):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your color combination is simply stunning! Love the diary page! Handmade resin rose? Does that mean you made it too?
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete