Hey Look! No Ribbon! (Waltzingmouse Sketch 60)

8.13.2011

There is a wonderful new sketch this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge by Miss Kelly. Last week, she almost stumped me with her sketch (just almost)! I am glad to see she gave me something just the opposite this for this challenge - tee hee!


Isn't the sketch amazing? Love it! And here is what I created...


Wait! Wait! Double take here. There is no ribbon on my card! I know, I can't believe it either (lol). It was so difficult for me to resist adding a bow, twine, ribbon, or something to layer and pile it on. 

Can it be? A single layer card? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that's my big accomplishment for the day. A single layered card. Ha ha ha!


Anyway, I used a Spellbinder die cut to create the top half of my card using papers from My Mind's Eye in the Mabel collection. Then inked up Say It Loud for my sentiment. This has got to be the best sentiment stamp set out there! Hands down! I love the mix and matching.


I was so happy that my newest stamps set arrived in time for this challenge - Teeny Trees. I had won this set a while back for playing along at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Thanks, Claire for being so generous to the participants each week! I love my new stamps!

Ok, my friends it's time for me to hit the road. I'm heading to the lake today for some more jet skiing fun. The water temperature has been perfect so I want to soak up as much of it as I can before summer is over! 



Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink; Patterned Papers: (Stella & Rose Mabel Collection) My Mind's Eye; Stamps: (Teeny Trees, Say It Loud) Waltzingmouse Stamps



5 comments:

  1. I just love this little hillside tree scene you created Kim! The tree stampings are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim - a fabulous tree scene - I do like the autumnal colours! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With or without ribbon, your cards are always beautiful, Kim. Love the stamped tree scene. Have fun this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welp I simply adore your single layer card! I don't want to wish time away, but I am very anxious for Fall. I love all the warm earthy colors.
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab job on this Kim. Love the stitching and the adorable trees. :)

    ReplyDelete