Home Sweet Home - Magnets from Clear and Simple Stamps

8.09.2011

Hi everyone! Today, the Clear and Simple Stamps Design Team has come up with some crafty fun for our Group Challenge. We have created some fun things for Around the House featuring the newest stamp release: House Notes II. 

For my project, I've created some little refrigerator magnets. I love posting recipes to try during the week on my fridge, but my magnets are small and just don't hold all that well. I needed some larger magnets. And since I had everything on hand already, I created my own!


A long time ago, I purchased a box of magnet sheets at Office Depot. They are perfect because they are thin sheets of magnets that you can print from your printer at home. Instead of printing, I adhered patterned papers, fussy cut the couch from House Notes II, then stamped Home, Sweet, Home using Alpha Blocks II.


Next, I rounded the corners of my magnets, applied a thin layer of Mod Podge to set. Once dry, I adhered a thick layer of Glossy Accents. This took a few hours to dry overnight, but was well worth the effort. They look so polished and shiny!

Notice, the recipe hanging on my fridge? A spiced lemon cake! I must try that soon!


I hope you enjoyed my little project featuring the newest release, House Notes II from Clear and Simple Stamps! Be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team has come up with...



Magnets: (Inkjet Magnet Sheets) Office Depot; Cardstock: (Kraft Like a Rockstar Cream) Clear and Simple Stamps; Patterned Papers: (Odds and Ends) Cosmo Cricket; Stamps: (House Notes IIAlpha Block II) Clear and Simple Stamps




6 comments:

  1. These are too fun Kim! Love that couch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Kim, and so, so stinkin' cute, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the polished look of these magnets-well done challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I have a fridge full of magnets. I keep everything. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. These turned out beautifully, Kim! What fun accent pieces for your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete