My New Diggs! Stars, Dots, and Kraft

8.08.2011

Happy Monday! I have some more news to share with you today.



Yes, I am the newest Design Team member at the Kraft Journal! I am so happy to be joining because it means I am teaming up with some familiar faces: Beth, Jennifer and Tracy once again. Of course, I won't leave out Audrey who has been wowing me away with so many of her designs and published work!

Each week there is a new challenge at the Kraft Journal and a tutorial from the team, featuring products from the Kraft Outlet. So let's get started with my first creation made for Challenge 31's Theme: Carnivals, Parades or Parties.


My daughter was the source behind the color theme of my card. She is into stars, polka dots and anything pink. I started by letting her pick the patterned papers, which she chose October Afternoon's 5 and Dime collection. Perfect choice!

Next, we added some lace doilies, slightly off-centered and pink crinkle ribbon. Then, I machine stitched to adhere it all to my kraft card base. 


The Journaling Ticket was a great compliment to the carnival theme of this week's challenge. I stamped "birthday wishes" in pink and stamped a bouquet of balloons created with buttons! 

We embellished the card with some whitewashed wooden stars from Melissa Frances and added two Jenni Bowlin stick pins in Antique and Garnet. Aren't they so pretty?


For our last detail, my daughter wanted a row of stars on the inside of the card. I think it's a fun little detail and I am glad she thought of it!

I hope you feel inspired to join the challenge this week and link up your creations with us at the Kraft Journal. The theme is carnivals, parades or parties! Think summer fun using kraft in your creation and show us your best! 


Cardstock: (Kraft) Papertrey Ink; Patterned Papers: (5 and Dime) October Afternoon; Journal Ticket: Tim Holtz; Stamps: (Everyday Button Bits; Boo to You) Papertrey Ink; Stick Pins: (Antique, Garnet) Jenni Bowlin; Stars: Melissa Frances



8 comments:

  1. Wahoo! You're on a roll Kim! I love this pretty card! Kraft and pink = perfection and that is what you have right here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that both you and your daughter created this gorgeous card together... I love the color combination and all the fun and pretty elements you added...this card ROCKS and we are just so dang LUCKY to have you on our team at The Kraft Journal too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kim! Great your daughter is following your steps...the papers she's chosen are beautiful! The balloons are soo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, no fair double teaming us. LOL The two of you just blew this challenge out of the water. What a gorgeous card Kim. You are such a perfect fit for the KO products. So glad to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, Kim, and your daughter had a brilliant eye for color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim,
    Thank you for your comment on my card, I think yours is fabulous!
    Congratulations on your DT spot at TKJ, what an awesome privilege!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been a busy.... That is wonderful news and your card...AGAIN.....Beautiful!!! So when will this one go in the Etsy Shop!!! LOL!!!

    Big HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant, Kim! Absolutely adorable, beautiful, elegant, fun, and just perfect for our challenge this week at The Kraft Journal. So, so glad you have joined us on the team!

    ReplyDelete