A New Mischief Maker at Waltzingmouse!

8.06.2011


You may already know this, but one of my favorite challenge blogs is over at Waltzingmouse Sketches. I always try to play along because each sketch allows me to try something new, something I never would have thought of, something to stretch my creativity.

Well, I was so surprised to recently discover an email from Lynn asking me to join the Mischief Makers Design Team over at Waltzingmouse!

Me? Are you serious?

Waltzingmouse stamps are some of my fav-or-ites! Not only are the designs amazing with all the details that Claire puts into them, but they are a merit of quality too. Of course, it was only a natural reaction for me to say, YES!

So please join me and another new Mischief Maker, Iwona Palamountain (Chupa), who I am sure you all know and love, to the latest challenge at Waltzingmouse!


Just look what fellow Mischief Maker Kelly has come up with for our sketch! I love it because triangles are not something in my comfort zone but after cutting my papers and creating my card, I think triangles and I are getting along much better! (lol)


I used three Waltzingmouse stamp sets to create my card:

~ Patterned Background: Oval Classic Frames (inspired by Sarah)
~ Sentiment: Frame It
~ Border (at the bottom of my card): Holiday Label No. 14


I created a small little journal tag, inked the edges, and rounded the corners on one side. Then, I added a small border at the bottom of my card. I love using stamps to create borders. It gives just the right amount of detail. 


And yes, I added more ribbon and trim. I just can't help it! 

Anyway, I hope you all will join the Mischief Makers for Challenge No. 59 over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch blog. You can link up your creations here. I can't wait to see what you all create.


Have a wonderful weekend full of summer fun!

Cardstock: (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink; Patterned Papers: (For the Record) Echo Park, (Circa 1934) Cosmo Cricket; Ribbon: (Shamrock); Flower: Prima; Resin: Pebbles; Pearls: Caramelos; Stamps: (Oval Classic Frames, Frame It, Holiday Label No. 14) Waltzingmouse Stamps




10 comments:

  1. Hi Kim - great to see you on the team. Love the colours you've used on your card - lots of lovely texture too! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really prettied-up that plain ole' sketch of mine, Kim! SO pretty with the lovely oval designs you created. I love the mix patterned papers and the beautiful embellishing, just girly fab! So glad to see you see joining the Mischief Makers, yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kim - that is great news :) And your take on the sketch is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you joined the MM - will love seeing what you create for them + so that I got introduced to your blog! Your cards are sooo BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Kim! Love this card! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Kim! love the graph and dotted panels and your lovely flowers! So happy to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new team! I love the seam binding with that beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to have joined with you, I adore your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the team, Kim! I am excited to be on the WMSC team with you! Your card looks amazing.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the team, Kim! Your take on the sketch this week is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete