Thanks for the Lift. Papercraft Star Challenge 60

8.31.2011

I am going to admit to you that when I first saw the challenge today at Papercraft Star, I panicked just a bit! Today we are using "steampunk" as our source of inspiration. I have never created anything steampunk and for those of your wondering, what is steampunk? Well, it's a combination of sci-fi, meets history, meets speculative fiction.

Ok. I can do this!


So it wasn't really that hard after all! I just stuck with my traditional go-to items - ribbon, buttons, and journal tags, then added a few metallic embellishments and made it all work out. Victory for me! lol!


The French hot air balloon from The House Across the Bay is really the piece that I started with for my card. I found a wonderful journal card piece from a Pink Paislee ephemera pack. And a lovely little clock piece - a gift sent to me by Viola Mahr. She is just the sweetest! Thank you, Viola for my goody bag!


I used a mixture of two stamps to create my sentiment. The large "thanks" is from Waltzingmouse and "thanks for the lift" is from Clear and Simple Stamps. 

Well, how did I do for my first "steampunk" card? It wasn't really so hard after all. I hope you try it out by playing along with us at Papercraft Star. Here are the details...


Challenge 60: Steampunk

Use something metal, or try a full fledged steampunk theme!


You have until Monday, September 5 at 6:00 a.m. (eastern time) to link up your creations. The Design Team will announce the winner on Tuesday to receive a free digi collage from The House Across the Bay!



Cardstock: (Kraft, Fine Linen) Papertrey Ink, (Lavender) Bazzil Basics; Patterned Papers: (For the Record) Echo Park, (brown grid) Basic Grey; Stamps: (Say It Loud) Waltzingmouse, (Across the Miles) Clear and Simple Stamps; Border Sticker: (For the Record) Echo Park; Ribbon: (Mardi Gras) Etsy; Ephemera: (Butterfly Garden) Pink Paislee, (French Balloons 094) The House Across the Bay

8 comments:

  1. Oh Kim your card is so fabulous!!! Love it! The hot air ballons are a must have!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victory indeed! This is stunning, Kim! You rocked the Steampunk. :) Such a great mixture you used here. Love that clock face and the hot air balloon, and love your stamped sentiment. The purple really catches my eye, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous Kim! I love that purple seam binding ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous card Kim! I love the pop of purple and I want those hot air balloons! :) Adding the clock face was perfect. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, I love this steam punk inspired card! Not something I'm familiar with, but it makes a wonderfully rich card, love the vintage elements, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is stunning - all the right pieces came together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I think this challenge had all of us shaking in our shoes! This card is just terrific Kim. Fun mix of elements with the digis and of course your ALWAYS fabulous design. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an awesome job! This may be Steampunk but you totally kept it your style. I love that.

    ReplyDelete