Yay! Papercraft Star No. 58

8.17.2011

Yay! I say "yay" because it's the middle of the week and I am looking forward to the last weekend before the new school year begins. I don't know exactly what my plans are, but they WILL include either camping, swimming, jet skiing, or anything outdoorsy! Yay, I can't wait!

So my card for the new challenge today at Papercraft Star is just that! A mini celebration for the last days of summer.


I created a little Bingo card using Photoshop and some wonderful botanical roses from The House Across the Bay. I simply layered the roses onto a little graph I drew up, then added the large BINGO across the top. Super simple, right!


I love layering my embellishments! This time I used a new little button from My Mind's Eye Lost and Found collection, then added a small cabochon rose bud that I made using a mold from Mold Muse on Etsy.


And last, those little banners from Waltzingmouse. Ooh, I just adore the little stars! So fun!



(photo credit: the boo & the boy)

Our challenge this week is to create a project inspired by the photo above. I was inspired by the banners, flowers, and the sun coming in from the window. If you noticed, my Bingo card follows the same grid pattern as the window in the photo. 

So if you're feeling inspired by the photo too, just link up your creations at Papercraft Star. You have until Monday, August 22 at 6:00 a.m. (eastern time) to show us your best! The winner will receive some goodies from The House Across the Bay! Yay!


Cardstock: (Lemon Tart) Papertrey Ink; Patterned Papers: Webster's Pages, Pink Paislee; Stamps: (Bitty Banners, Vintage Banners) Waltzingmouse Stamps; Digi Images: (Botanical Roses) The House Across the Bay; Ribbon: Sweet Pea





8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kim! LOVE those roses and that banner is super fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creations are always so sweet and beautiful. Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been echoed already, but .... gorgeous! I absolutely love what you`ve done here. I`m not sure why I didn`t have your blog bookmarked before, but its being added now!

    www.polkadotdoordesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you going all techie layering those images! LOL You did a fantastic job of it too. Love that little molded rose. I think I'm going to have to send you a roll of seam binding and have you make bows for me. :-) Mine never look that pretty. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the rose images, wow!! I am mega impressed. Completely adorable card - and I LOVE the different look of your pennant, that is one idea I am going to have to use in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous as always Kim! The bingo card reminds me of the window frame in the inspiration photo and the banner is the perfect touch. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete