Anything Goes Challenge at Papercraft Star!

9.14.2011

That's right! The challenge this week at Papercraft Star is Anything Goes! Anything at all. Create something and link it up!

For my "anything goes" I decided to create a little wedding card or even to celebrate an engagement. Here is what I came up with...


This card is really just an excuse for me to use up more of those lovely papers from My Mind's Eye. I love gray and yellow these days - the colors are so warm together! 


The sentiments from Waltzingmouse's Big Day Additions set is perfect for a wedding or engagement. And I just love the oval frames - they look so Victorian to me. I embellished my card with a perfectly pretty digital image from The House Across the Bay. The roses reminded me of a Victorian garden.


To "fancy up" my papers, I ran them through the embosser and filed downed the raised edges. I really like this technique as it creates a soft texture on your cards. 

Now it's your turn to link up to the "anything goes" challenge at Papercraft Star. You have until September 19 at 6:00 a.m. (eastern) to show us what you've been creating. The winner will receive their choice of two digital downloads from The House Across the Bay and the runner up will receive one digital download from Rilly's shop!



Cardstock: (Fine Linen, Kraft) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (Lost & Found: Sunshine) My Mind's Eye
Stamps: (Classic Ovals Frames, Big Day Additions) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ribbon: (Buttercream) Etsy
Digi: (Secret Garden) The House Across the Bay




6 comments:

  1. KIm I do love this card. The colors look great and the little digi image with the tiny bow on it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius! I love how you used the digital image as a button! Your card is absolutely beautiful! And love that shabby chic bow ;)
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see I'm going to have to add that MME paper pad to my wish list. :-) This card is a stunner girl! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous!! I so love those papers, too. I'm having a hard time staying away from them. Love how you used them, and love the embossed dots. Such a pretty digi button and stamped frame and sentiment, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as those MME papers came out I bought every single 6x6 book I could find (9 I think?) - you did a beautiful job on this card. Unconventional colors for a wedding/engagement card - you always make those odd combos work so beautifully !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS!! I love the yellow and gray together as well. I really love how you embossed the designer paper, it gives an interesting look, and I want to try it! I also like the addition of the pearls to the sentiment. Great way to use the digi image as well. TFS!

    ReplyDelete