Grandparents Day. Kraft Journal Challenge 35.

9.05.2011

Ok, I just love the newest challenge this week at The Kraft Journal! This week, the theme is "something grand" in honor of Grandparents Day. 

What a great opportunity for me to create a little something for my own grandma. We live apart from each other, but that doesn't mean I don't take every chance I get to send her a little card. I love to remind her that I am always thinking about her. She is my biggest supporter and has been there for me through everything! And I mean, ever-y-thing!


I used Brown Kraft from The Kraft Outlet for my card base and layered on some patterned papers from Echo Park's For the Record collection. I love the green grid style papers! So pretty! I stamped postmarks along the top of my card from an amazing stamp set from TweetyJill, Journey to France


I used a scallop border punch to layer up some Vintage Dictionary Pages, then added a vintage style rub on at the bottom of my card, along with some alpha stickers from Cosmo Cricket. Love that old typewrite font!


The old pharmacy label is from Jenni Bowlin, with more lovely font! I guess I'm just a font kind of girl, there's something about old text styles that I am drawn to. Always have. Always will. 



The Kraft Journal

If you'd like to play along in the "Something Grand" (in honor of Grandparent's Day) theme this week at The Kraft Journal, you have until Sunday, September 11 at 6:00 p.m. (eastern) to link up your creations. You will have a chance to have your project highlighted in the "Feature Me Fridays" spotlight, along with a chance of winning a $15.00 gift voucher good towards anything in The Kraft Outlet store! 

Have a great week everyone! 


Cardstock: (Brown Kraft) The Kraft Outlet
Patterned Paper: (For the Record) Echo Park; (Vintage Dictionary Pages) The Kraft Outlet
Stamps: (Journey to France) TweetyJill; (Mat Stack Collection 1) Papertrey Ink
Stickers: (Black Apothecary Labels) Jenni Bowlin; (Tiny Type) Cosmo Cricket
Rub Ons: (Steampunk Victoriana Rubbing) 7Gypsies
Ribbon: (Shamrock) Etsy



7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful!!!! Love the colorsand all the details you added. Happy to be joining you this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Kim! Absolutely beautiful! Love the dictionary pages scallops and LOVE how you did the sentiment. Every little inch is fabulous! And how lucky you are to have such an amazing grandmother in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card for your grandmother! I love those black grid papers and that label is so perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is absolutely gorgeous Kim... love the dictionary scallops and the alpha-sticker sentiment is perfect and so clever! Great work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Beautiful Kim! Love that shade of green and all the pretty embellies. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Kim, love the colors and all the lovely details!

    ReplyDelete