Halloween's A Comin'! Waltzingmouse Sketch 63

9.03.2011

I know it's a little early, but I just can't help it! I love Halloween cards! Before this little hobby of mine started, I never would have thought of sending a Halloween greeting card. But to me, the colors are so pretty and there are so many cute ways of getting crafty with a frightfully spooky theme - why not make something fun to celebrate Halloween and surprise someone with some happy mail at the same time?

This one is for the newest challenge at Waltzingmouse. This time, Anya Schrier has come up with a great sketch that you're sure to love! Here is what I came up with...


I used some really fun Halloween papers from Cosmo Cricket's Matilda collection and paired it up with Waltzingmouse's Midnight Feast stamps. I can already tell you that this stamp set is going to get worn out as I intend on using it over and over again to create some fun little Halloween treat bags. The ideas are already spinning!


See those little black and gray roses? I was glad I picked them up on clearance for only $1.00 - I was thinking ahead and knew they would be great for Halloween. Glad I found them!



So if you're ready to play along at Waltzingmouse this week, here is the sketch for your inspiration. Enjoy your weekend!

Cardstock: (Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Papers: (Matlida Collection) Cosmo Cricket
Stamps: (Midnight Feast) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ribbon & Trim: (trim) Webster's Pages; (Mardi Gras Ribbon) Etsy
Flowers: Recollections
Button: (Lost & Found) My Mind's Eye




6 comments:

  1. Wonderful Halloween card - great background papers and the Gothic window looks just fabulous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is gorgeous...I luv the colors together..hope your weekend is fabby!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent use of the sketch and wonderful Halloween card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Halloween card, Kim...I usually run the other way when I see purple, but I ran right at your card! It's perfectly sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this card...
    the papers...
    the colors...
    that fabby window...
    it's such a perfect Halloween card!
    And I'm the same way...
    never thought of sending Halloween cards...
    but now...
    I can't wait to send some out for some happy mail to family and friends!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeeek! LOVE this, Kim! So sweet and elegant and creepy, all at the same time. ;0
    Love that Gothic window.

    ReplyDelete