Horribly Happy Halloween - Waltzingmouse 65

9.17.2011

Hello everyone! Thank goodness it's the weekend, right? 

Today the Mischief Makers are playing along with a new sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. I just loooove this sketch, created by Miss Anya Schrier. I hope you'll love it just as much and will want to play along. Here is what I came up with...


I've mentioned this before, but I will say it again. Halloween cards are in the top 3 of my favorite types of cards to create. I love the fun fonts, the silliness of the images, and the colors. I would normally never use black or a bright orange, but Halloween allows me to "let my hair down" (so to speak), step outside my bubble, and use colors in a fun new way.


I used those lovely stars from Waltzingmouse's Midnight Feast set to create a background. This has got to be one of the best Halloween stamps ever! Don't you just love the sentiment?

I layered my patterned paper and a border sticker from Crate Paper, added some stitching, then added a super spooky Halloween label. Of course, I couldn't leave out some pretty orange ribbon! 

I can't wait for Halloween!

Now I want to know, what is your favorite type of card to create? 





     
Supplies:                                                  
           
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   
     
         
                                                               
       
   





12 comments:

  1. I adore this card, great use of patterns and colors....hope you have a super fun weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card Kim! So full of stamping detail. LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's why I like Halloween cards too - purple, bright green, orange, black - all such dramatic colours and they work so well!

    I really love this card - the stars are so sweet and the sentiment label looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO with you there, Kim! I just love creating Halloween cards, and I think you totally nailed it when you said they are just FUN. That's exactly what it is. I LOVE this card. The stars stamped on the background are perfect, and how stinkin' fabulous is that label and sentiment?? Now I want those! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card it is so super pretty.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet Kim. I love the colors. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE this card, the quirky colours are such fun, I also love that you used that label with that sentiment and the wee stars!!! Billiant! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great color combo for Halloween. I love how you used that orange flower. I have some of those but never thought of putting it in the center of bow. Cute! Fall cards are my fav to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There you go again making the sweetest of cards, Kim! Your cards are always so breeezy and light! Just make me smile. Love the seam binding with the beautiful flower and star paper combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. love the colours,that seam binding bow looks awesome
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, love it! Seriously, your Halloween creations have been fantastic and I've enjoyed each and every one! I love your interpretation of this week's sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete